The Flow website is only slightly less of a nightmare to navigate than other manufacturers', so I suppose it's good. I've ordered myself a CD-ROM and I'm looking forward to having a look.

I just hope the shops in Bristol carry them, so I can try them on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyway i tried them out for the first time today.

They are definitely much easier to get into, and it is possible to put them on while on the lift. I found it better (safer) to put them on while waiting on the red line before sitting on the lift though. However, I got told off by the staff for doing this. I guess they were saying you cannot be strapped in on the lift, which i thought was weird and unnecessary.

They gripped my foot better and I felt like I had more control over the board. They are slightly heavy but its not much of a problem given the advantages.

I am a happy customer. \:\)

yeah the salomon boots were cool.

I was using crappy battered old bindings before. These bindings are marginally heavier. pick em up and you should be able to tell. its not crazy heavy tho. its not a big deal.

to be honest they wre enot as revolutionary as i hoped, but they are better then reg. bindings, to omoimasu.

I jumped back and forth between bindings over my recent trip and only really noticed the weight difference when sitting on the chair - just a little more pull on my left leg.

I spent some major time fiddling with the settings to get the best fit and think I have got it together. Unless the fit is managed correctly they very much under perform. I am quite happy with them now, however there is one last necessary adjustment that i cant make as I cant get the ruddy nut undone. and yes they work great with Salomon boots.

some japanese words.

• 2 weeks later...

forget the ****** CD guys! just go and buy the bindings!! They are the S Hit !! I can get free burton bindings but still choose to PAY for my flows. after 3 hard seasons i am getting the carbons next year!

I am in my bindings and riding before my friends have sat on their a ss to do theirs up which means more fresh pow 4 me and lots a tracks for them!

I actually got to look at some bindings at last, and Flow are seriously heavy. I*m pretty tempted by some Drakes - they look like the business.

Ah the joys of English service after those pillocks in J snowsports shops...

Any non traditional binding (flow, clicker, switch etc etc )will have pro's and con's. there are many who will totally advocate traditional bindings, saying nothing can match the performance, they will say that if such and such is so good why do almost all pro's still use traditonal bindings...blah blah well I am not a pro and dont intend to wittle away time in a pipe.

There a many great innovate bindings that deliver solid performance, I have ridden switch bindings for 5 seasons are find them brilliant, they lock you in very tightly, no slop at all and its beautiful to easily click in on the lift and then just rock off as fast as the skiers. The boots are very important too with the switch, I have Flexible brand, they are very stiff but supportive, but totally lock in your foot, no heel lift at all. People I know who ride flow rave about them, good for them, any system that has less time sitting on my butt and is comfortable has got to be good

Good points, Kamoshika.

The design of the standard highback binding was never patented, hence the number of companies making that type of binding. Other designs can only be made by the one company (or under licence), therefore the number of pros riding those designs is less.

Pros ride what they're paid to ride and they're not always happy with the product. Remember that Pros are marketing tools used to distinguish a particular brand.

You can't go past demo-ing gear to help you decide. Try contacting the distributors to find out if they demo gear.

There used to be a a place in Niseko where you could demo Flow.

Kamoshika - I think there is a difference between the riders that are content with their current skill level and the riders that are constantly pushing themselves...trying to go just a little bigger, spin a little more, drop a bigger cliff, bust a bigger trick in the pipe. For those kind of riders, every single ounce of performance counts. A loose binding or flexy boot may be the difference between landing a 540 and even attempting it. Will your binding be there for you?

To those looking into conventional strap bindings, take a look at Ride. They are similar to Drake but I personally like them much more. Nice big straps, easy ratchets. I can get them off in one or two swipes of the hand from standing up. Never do I think "this is taking too long."

I'm with enderzero on this one. the most positive thing with the conventional 'strap-in' is that both toe/heel and side-to side are securely fitted. with toe/heel step-ins such as K2 clicker there will always be momevement from side to side, even if it is only marginal and the same with side-to-side such as burton and switch .ie.toe/heel lift

you may be saying that strap-ins get that movement and I agree..its just less in both degrees because the pressure exerted on the boot is from above, forcing the boot into the binding, not just holding the boot into place from below.

its up to the individual but for me the few seconds extra it takes to strap-in and know ive got little room for movement far outweighs the few extra seconds of a quick step-in.