IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE FORUMS - PLEASE READ

• SnowJapan Admin

Important Message about the Forums.

We have decided to (for want of a better word) 'close' the Forums in order to further concentrate on developing and improving SnowJapan. We intend to keep the Forums online and readable as they are, at least for the time being.

This decision has been made for a number of reasons. While we are not going to be able to have an in-depth public discussion about it, we have decided that our efforts are most effectively used --- and importantly for the benefit of the most people --- by concentrating on improving the main SnowJapan website. SnowJapan will remain online as normal and continue to be developed into the future.

My colleagues and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the people who have supported the Forums over the years – especially the long-time and regular core group of members, some who we consider as friends even if we may not have met. We do realise that this will be sad news for a number of people, and apologize for what will seem like the sudden nature of it. Unfortunately, there really is no easy way to do it.

Many of the regular members are already friends and in touch with each other offline, but if you are not in touch and wish to contact another member do please let us know (at editor@snowjapan.com) and we will do what we can to put you in touch with each other.

----

Important: SnowJapan will continue to be updated and developed.

We are as committed as ever to improving and updating the content and features of the main SnowJapan website.

--Information will be updated
--Our 'Now' Reports will be reporting as normal throughout the winter
--More new content, features and improvements will appear

We intend for SnowJapan to benefit from the increased time that we can devote to it, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy and benefit from further developments into the future.

Very importantly though, we would like to stress that the fundamental values and the way in which we run SnowJapan will remain unchanged.

Thank you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya know....I wish I could say I "understand" but really I don't. This forum was the only place that I could talk to folks about not only skiing but living our lives in Japan. It had a nice family at

Wow. I'm gutted. I've really enjoyed the community we had going here over the years. Productivity at work is surely going to go up. I'd be fine with my email going onto a contact list of some sort

Obviously this has not been an easy decision, but it is one that we always come back to being the correct one. We feel the need to move SnowJapan further forward and onwards and there are many th

• SnowJapan Admin

A short while as simply doing it without any warning did not seem right. Though as noted...

We intend to keep the Forums online and readable as they are, at least for the time being.

It is a shame but I have got used to the idea after hearing a short while ago.

I can understand why. And I thank you guys for all the hugely disproportionate amount of effort they sucked out of you!

I'll still be uploading photos. :)

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

Respectfully, to the person who did, please don't see this as an invitation to post links and stuff.

As in original post, we are happy to help regular members hook up. Just give us a shout now or later.

Personally I think it's incredible you kept going so long with some of the crap and under-appreciation you had to put up with at times.

But yes a big thanks and will be keeping an eye on the site and new stuff. Looking forward to the daily reports, it won't be long now before it's my daily start to the day with a coffee! For some reason I read them all every day, even places I have no intention of going to! Well, maybe I will one day.

:)

NOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm devastated at the news, I shall have to fill my day with real stuff to do now!! :)

Of course saddened at the news but in the number of years I've been posting here I fully appreciated all the help, info and giveaways you guys provided. Onwards and upwards guys, otsukare :cheers:

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thank you Tubby, means a lot.

And keep looking of course, we're not going away.

Some of you may find this a surprise for one reason and another.... but there will be a good chunk of Giveaways again this season. Starting probably the week after next. Some new ones too this season.

Don't bother entering if you won last year and didn't post anything though! ;)

I can see this as being a really good thing for the website, as hard as it is to endorse it! ;)

Keen to see your new plans.

Thanks guys.

PS Good to hear there'll be Giveaways too, he said selfishly.

Sad to see the forums go, but I understand what a time and energy sink the management must have been to the SJ crew.

I'm sure I would not have lasted so long in their shoes!

Thanks for the memories and the great community over the years.

See you all out on the slopes.

• SnowJapan Admin

One thing that it seems that I should mention - no doubt some people will have their own 'theories', but in reality there's only really three people who know everything there is to know. Anything else is guessing, and probably wrong.

The main thing at play though is as has been laid out above, and that is that we want to spend our time doing things that we feel are most effective for the most people - continuing to improve the main SnowJapan website.

As sad and sorry as we feel about this, we're also at the same time quite excited about some of the ideas and plans that we have and having the chance to get onto them.

One thing that it seems that I should mention - no doubt some people will have their own 'theories', but in reality there's only really three people who know everything there is to know.

Shinzo Abe, Shakey and you David? ;)

But seriously....

Many domo domo and thank yous up until now.

Good luck with it all will be keeping track.

Hopefully some of my dome projects will see a similar amount of renewed time injection.

I just signed up to post this! I should have done it earlier! :doh:

Sad to hear that but pleased to hear you will keep it readable as there is a lot of valuable information here.

Been using your website since last year and it's really great. Will continue to as well, hope to be able to upload photos from my first trip to Japan this winter.

Thanks.

Oh no, can't believe it!!!!

But I understand the amount of work required to keep these forums running, and I will still continue to use the site and post reviews and photos.

I appreciate all the work you guys have put in and look forward to the new stuff you are doing.

Thank you for such a great site.

P.s if anyone wants to keep in touch with me like SJ said contact them to speak to me.

• Like 1

Rumor going around that snowjapan hates snow!! lol :p

Thanks for all you've done with the site, it's been fun. Should I ever make my way back or know of anyone heading over to Japan I'll definitely brag about SnowJapan!

Awesome site, awesome owners. Hope the new route goes better than expected!

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the kind comments folks, both here and emails.

Not so much a 'new route' as just going down the road hopefully a bit faster. Gambarimasu.

And yes, do remember folks that you can still contribute to help folk with the Phtos and Reviews.

We'll be keeping the News section updated etc, and everything else will be updating just as normal.

:friend: