Gee, you guys have been busy today. Thanks!

A lot of what you said rings true for me, particularly the advanced skiers going at supersonic speeds down intermediate and beginner slopes. Must be quite scary for beginners.

One thing i have noticed though is that on-mountain food seems to be priced at the same as what i'm used to in Tokyo. I guess its more than what those living in country areas are used to but it seems quite reasonably priced to soemone coming from Tokyo.

Dean,

With reference to your penultimate paragraph, on the last day for SSWAS (30th September 2002), a number of secondary school girls were seen skiing down the (artificial) slope in their usual school uniforms (e.g. mini-skirt and 'loose socks').

As to the expert skiers mentioned, these are employed by the Ministry of Finance and/or Prince Hotel Group to boost the declining snow industry. The MOF hope that the display of fascinating skills would inspire and encourage more people to take part in winter sport and spend more at winter resort.

Bestest,

As an Indian national, skiing in Japan is a real interesting experience for me. I haven't been elsewhere, but it was a big thing for me when I first tried it. Maybe I should put down my thoughts..

• 1 month later...

Rajeem, I cannot speak for the editorial staff, but I can say that I have always been encouraged in my efforts to write about skiing in Japan by the editorial staff. I would encourage you to write and submit. Correct me if im wrong but as an Indian national arent you near to such huge mountains as K2? I bet K2 is a tougher ski than everest as I heard its a tougher climb. When will thre be a high speed quad to the summit? Dean

Hey Dean

Thanks for that. Alas, I am a near beginner, so there's no need to talk to me about K2 and Everest eek.gif eek.gif My first time was in Japan. I am learning from reading all the posts here and enjoying it all - I don't think I have anything of interest to write (unless we're talking about software programming of course;)