Hey Stemik, are you a Hakuba resident?

If so I'm sure you'd have the low-down on the best local boerwurst !! :wave:

Marrillen Hotel have a slope side restaurant that does a good German bratwurst!

Hey Stemik, are you a Hakuba resident?

If so I'm sure you'd have the low-down on the best local boerwurst !! :wave:

Yeah, got that one covered - we stayed at the Marillen January this year and the Bratwurst isn't bad atall !

The Huttenzauber just across the slope is even better and has a wide range of Bavarian fare and nice Weissbier. It's only open at lunch time though - makes for an ideal lunch stop.

Mmmmmmmmmm......just thinking about it currywurst and weissbier for lunch slopeside. It really doesn't get better than that !! :D

Tokyo 5th Feb 2 nights. 1 night in Nagano Ryoken. 5 nights Myoko followed by 5 nights in Nozawa, followed by 5 nights in Tokyo. Followed by 6 months of planning the next trip.

Ist trip last season, planned my trip using SJ... this trip taking my cousin and his wife.. cant wait.

Hey Stemik, are you a Hakuba resident? If so I'm sure you'd have the low-down on the best local boerwurst !! :wave:
Yeah, got that one covered - we stayed at the Marillen January this year and the Bratwurst isn't bad atall ! The Huttenzauber just across the slope is even better and has a wide range of Bavarian fare and nice Weissbier. It's only open at lunch time though - makes for an ideal lunch stop. Mmmmmmmmmm......just thinking about it currywurst and weissbier for lunch slopeside. It really doesn't get better than that !! :D

Marillen is a good location, are you staying there again this winter? i am there most night with the kids race team. I sometimes pop in for a beer.

Marillen is a good location, are you staying there again this winter? i am there most night with the kids race team. I sometimes pop in for a beer.

No, we thought we'd try the Hakuba Springs this time: In-house onsen, Jack's Bar next door to watch the Asian Cup footy at night, and opposite the bus stop for Goryu where Mrs. and Young Miss Big Al prefer to ski.

Be good to touch base though mate - you obviously know the lie of the land! :thumbsup:

The rest of the season will be mostly weekends at Hakuba and maybe try to get to Shiga Kogen.

Likewise Chriselle, it'd be good to catch up & share a Molson slopeside! :thumbsup:

The rest of the season will be mostly weekends at Hakuba and maybe try to get to Shiga Kogen.

Likewise Chriselle, it'd be good to catch up & share a Molson slopeside! :thumbsup:

For sure!! Probably have to substitute the Molson though.... :thumbsup:

isn't there a resort nearby? I was watching one of those TV shows where they restore old machines, based in Vegas and they were commissioned to go up to a resort nearby and make a display chair out of an old chairlift for them.

Tubby - there is a resort on Mt. Charleston but everyone recommends making the drive elsewhere.

Funny, I used to live in a housing scheme called Charleston and everyone always recommended living somewhere else! :D