Well both I guess,if you have the time.

Halloween is an old celtic holiday, from Scotland and Ireland. It's a day when the spirits come back to the living world. In an attempt to scare away bad spirits, people would carve lanterns and leave them in their windows and to stop the bad spirits grabbing the children (like was believed to happen), kids would dress up as demons and ghouls, so that the bad spirits would think that they were bad spirits too and leave the children alone. The were in disguise......which is why in Scotland kids didnt go "trick or treating", they went "guising". And when guising, it simply wasn't enough to show up at a door and demand sweets or money.....you had to perform a skit, tell a joke or sing a song before you got some cash (sometimes you'd get sweets). Of course now the American version is starting to erode the old traditional way....so kids don't perform a song, they now shout trick or treat and they expect sweets at every door. It seems to be an unwelcome custom these days, which is a shame cos when I was young, going Guising was great fun.....and you'd get a whack of money :)

Thanks Tubs, it makes sense to me now. :thumbsup:

I agree the Scot's way is much better than the American adaptation and is no doubt where Billy Connolly got his grounding

Michael Myers is the name of the fictional psycho from Halloween movie 1978.

Mike Myers is the actor from Wayne's World. I enjoyed both films.

I think you jolly well got it wrong there.

Michael Myers was not fictional, what nonsense!!

His somewhat disturbing story was clearly laid out in the documentary called 'Halloween'... said documentary also featured Blofeld.

Presumably before he went to Japan.