We were in Tokyo today, for something totally unrelated to Sky Tree, but as we were in the area we decided to go and have a close up look of it and I decided to take a few pics.

med_gallery_8995_410_814774.jpg

med_gallery_8995_410_1077357.jpg

med_gallery_8995_410_518093.jpg

med_gallery_8995_410_151940.jpg

Have to remember....Snowdude lives way out in the boonies. Parple lights n lectricity......somethin else ain't it Snowdude? :wave:

Lol

We just went there because we were anyway in Tokyo and close by.

It actually looks better from a distance I reckon, too many pipes to be seen when close up but good to compare the close up and distance view I suppose though.

A good friend of mine works there. Don't think she was working on the 25th though. She's one of the ladies who helps usher you into the lifts.

Personally I quite like the latticework, but overall I do feel the money could have been better spent elsewhere than on yet another mall area and bubble-era approved attraction. (cue Pies+Abenomics post)

There was also unexpected problems with falling ice in winter time, due to its height any water condensation freezes, large chunks of it was flying into the residences in the neighborhoods below

Yes I heard that too.

When they built it no one thought about the fact that at over 600 metres high even when it is raining in Tokyo in winter it could be snowing at the top of that tower.

There were several complaints last year of falling ice hitting people or buildings down below.

A good friend of mine works there. Don't think she was working on the 25th though. She's one of the ladies who helps usher you into the lifts.

Personally I quite like the latticework, but overall I do feel the money could have been better spent elsewhere than on yet another mall area and bubble-era approved attraction. (cue Pies+Abenomics post)

wooh, still elevator girls around??? And I thought they had disapeared years ago :yummy: .

When they built it no one thought about the fact that at over 600 metres high even when it is raining in Tokyo in winter it could be snowing at the top of that tower.

There were several complaints last year of falling ice hitting people or buildings down below.

I can understand if great big chunks of ice were falling down, but soft and fluffy snow!!

:grandpa:

Did our great leader Shinzo approve the Tokyo Sky Tree? If so I can only jolly well think that it is a fabulous idea.

:thumbsup:

Even if it isn't really a tree.

I can understand if great big chunks of ice were falling down, but soft and fluffy snow!!

:grandpa:

That is the problem though chunks of ice falling from the top down on to buildings and people below, which is why it has got several complaints

I've kind of driven past on whatever part of the Tokyo expressway goes from Ginza toward MIsato. It gets you pretty close.

That visit was only one night, but we stayed in Yotsuya and the car navi took basically past Shinjuku station going in after dark early Sunday evening and then out round the Imperial Palace, past the new Kabukiza and down the main Ginza street going out the next day. It felt like I'd been on a tourist bus, instead of driving my own car.

Did our great leader Shinzo approve the Tokyo Sky Tree? If so I can only jolly well think that it is a fabulous idea.

:thumbsup:

Even if it isn't really a tree.

Or made out of sky.