That may well bee ;) but in the context of this thread, it's moot. People who use such a phrase on here tend to be the ones who are striding naked up the mountain, naked through a blizzard while thumbing their gnarly noses at the unworthy plebs sitting comfortably in their hooded quad lifts taking the bourgeoisie route to the top

Well said...

u8awa.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I earn my turns by putting up with working most weekdays.

I like to urn my terns.   Though that probably belongs in the Monkey in a Bucket thread.

I earn my turns by having to get up at the ridiculously early time of 8am to make the first lifts at Mt Granview or Maiko Snow Resort.

That may well bee ;) but in the context of this thread, it's moot. People who use such a phrase on here tend to be the ones who are striding naked up the mountain, naked through a blizzard while thumbing their gnarly noses at the unworthy plebs sitting comfortably in their hooded quad lifts taking the bourgeoisie route to the top

And clearly they have every right to so do, as you have described the Gods of the Mountains :worship:

I love hiking and mountaineering. For me backcountry skiing is just hiking and mountaineering on snow and getting to ski down at the end of it. The benefit of it is that you're not constrained by things like chairlifts. It obviously allows you to access almost unlimited terrain. It also means you can extend your skiing season greatly heading up into the higher peaks long after the resorts have closed for the season. Even in resorts though I find if you are prepared to just do a little 'earning your turns' by hiking up a bit beyond and out from the lifts you can easily access terrain that few others get to. Not sure if I've ever used the term 'earn your turns' on here before but I'm glad there's a few members on here who are prepared to do it Like MikePow and ozsnowbum. Some of the best trip reports and photos come from guys like them heading out and beyond the boundaries of resorts.

Not sure if I've ever used the term 'earn your turns' on here before but I'm glad there's a few members on here who are prepared to do it Like MikePow and ozsnowbum. Some of the best trip reports and photos come from guys like them heading out and beyond the boundaries of resorts.

That's why I clicked on the thread. "Earn your turns". Sounds like maybe a good tr or something. Then I saw it was started by Mr. ski and I thought otherwise. Nothing wrong with using the lifts and maybe Ski is a great guy in person but starting a thread that seems to just smugly deride people who make a little effort to get a little more reward - something I'd like to do more of - seems very lame. I guess I'm missing some of the history here, but I think a ski forum needs people who do cool shit beyond riding lifts and skiing groomers. Good on GN for getting out there and good on him for slumming it out in this over-gentrified environment.

• Like 1

Think you and a few other people are missing the point......no one is slating people who get out n hike and nail those perfect turns, especially when they share in a TR with photos......what I think Ski is saying is the phrase "earn your turns" is trumpeted out by people as a slap down to those who only use lifts to access their rides. As if because you've hiked instead of taking a lift means that it's any better or worse......fun is relative and what you make it. Who are we to say anyone who enjoys ripping the slope is any less of an enthusiast for snow? That's what they love to do....and THATS the point in all sport. Having a wee hike out to get those untouched.....awesome....I'd like to do more too....but I know people who don't like zipping the trees, they still love ripping the slopes, they aren't any better or worse than me....just a different flavour.

• Like 1

Think you and a few other people are missing the point......no one is slating people who get out n hike and nail those perfect turns, especially when they share in a TR with photos......what I think Ski is saying is the phrase "earn your turns" is trumpeted out by people as a slap down to those who only use lifts to access their rides. As if because you've hiked instead of taking a lift means that it's any better or worse......fun is relative and what you make it. Who are we to say anyone who enjoys ripping the slope is any less of an enthusiast for snow? That's what they love to do....and THATS the point in all sport. Having a wee hike out to get those untouched.....awesome....I'd like to do more too....but I know people who don't like zipping the trees, they still love ripping the slopes, they aren't any better or worse than me....just a different flavour.

Wow...like wow....Daisy chains and love man :lol: :lol:

Wow...like wow....Daisy chains and love man :lol: :lol:

:confused: umm....whatever blows your hair back

So it seems it's fine to go backcountry and earn your turns but if you actually use the phrase 'earn your turns' then you're a wanker? Is that it? Just so we know so that we don't offend anyone's ancestors and get them all censed! :p

So it seems it's fine to go backcountry and earn your turns but if you actually use the term 'earn your turns' then you're a wanker? Is that it? Just so we know so that we don't offend anyone's ancestors and get them all censed! :p

Ha ha ha . Spot on GN !!

Apparently it's not politically correct in this day and age to be dedicated to anything that involves effort because to so do (or more correctly to talk about so doing) will be perceived by lesser mortals as discrimination against their mental/physical inability to do the same.

:rolleyes:

The lunatics ARE running the asylum!!!

So it seems it's fine to go backcountry and earn your turns but if you actually use the phrase 'earn your turns' then you're a wanker? Is that it? Just so we know so that we don't offend anyone's ancestors and get them all censed! :p

pretty much…yeah. It makes you sound like a smug arsehole

So it seems it's fine to go backcountry and earn your turns but if you actually use the term 'earn your turns' then you're a wanker? Is that it? Just so we know so that we don't offend anyone's ancestors and get them all censed! :p

Ha ha ha . Spot on GN !!

Apparently it's not politically correct in this day and age to be dedicated to anything that involves effort because to so do (or more correctly to talk about so doing) will be perceived by lesser mortals as discrimination against their mental/physical inability to do the same.

Ha ha ha . Spot on GN !!

Oh, woe is me, I must discriminate against those who "earn their turns" just after "booking now!" to ride "bottomless powder" because I'm mentally and physically unable to do so…...

So it is a cock measuring contest for you! :lol:

pretty much…yeah. It makes you sound like a smug arsehole

Thanks for the clarification. We wouldn't want to get all the lazy, fat fvckers censed now would we? Too much effort having to apologise issue afterwards!

Well, in one of his filthly obscene and threatening messages that I have received from him in the past, when he threatened to "smash my face in", Go Native has also accused me of very probably having a small willy.

I can only presume he is comparing his imagined-pie-eater-willy size to his own.

So I conclude that he probably does indeed have a very impressive willy. Or at least he jolly well thinks so.

:thumbsup:

You did actually* (* that's why I said it). I've got a copy of it somewhere...

All I can say is that I'm going to jolly well try to avoid you!

I certainly don't want my head smashed in, that's for sure!

:veryshocked:

tumblr_mxedy5mpkt1sfeopeo1_500.gif

I'd love nothing more than smash your pommy piece of shit face in.

Wouldn't you enjoy 'earning your turns' more?