The thing I like most about insurance companies is the way they take lots of cash off you every month, and then if you ever need to legitimately claim from them they'll fight you tooth and nail to minimize what they pay out to you.

Or indeed even try to not pay anything at all.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys! Still looking about for the best deal for us.

It's a 2004 Nissan X trail Axis. Petrol. Automatic. In a slightly yakuza style....champagne gold! (Not my colour of choice!)

Looking forward to picking it up in possibly 2 weeks time!!!!

I had a look and that's the Autech model, isn't it? With kind of blingy bodywork, grille and alloys that make it look quite different to a regular X trail (and would cost a fortune extra were you ordering it new :thumbsup: ). I think the yakuza prefer black BMWs with blackened windows, but still, nice and showy. Two-tone seats by the looks too. It looks cool and a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

That's the one!!

Will post pics when I get it.

Didn't notice it was an x trail at all when we saw it at the lot. It also has an F1 style pop up steering wheel, should make putting on snowboard boots pretty easy in the drivers seat.

You see the "Rider" pimped versions of Nissans quite often but I've never that pimped X Trail. I like the grilles without the company emblem on them.

A minus with limited edition or less popular colours is that it is harder to get bodywork in that colour if you have a little prang. Replacing bodywork is much much cheaper if it doesn't involve respraying. Some parts just clip on so you can do it yourself.

True that....even respraying is difficult to match. I fixed a bit of surface rust on the rear quarter panel of that cruiser and it was near impossible to get a perfect match between the lower half and upper half of the panel....and I'm pretty good with a spray gun. Fortunately, the upper and lower sections have a three tiered seam so there isn't a hard transition between the two shades.

Still gotta wait until Wednesday for the police to finish filling out forms, then send them off to the car dealership, then wait to get a date to pick up the thing! Looooong!!

If you go with AXA insurance be prepared to have to wait one business day before you can get the insurance on the car. Bloody infuriating that one....Sonpo and others are effective immediately.