My season pass this year will only cost me 20000 as I joined the local ski club last year.

So I doubt the resort will make much if any money from me, especially as most times I bring my own food if I do a full day.

Most locals that ski a lot also have season passes.

The resorts I would think make more money from non locals just travelling up now and again, if not the resorts the local ski town certainly does.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No! If it's supporting Abenomics, I'm all for it as I'm sure other fellow Abenomics fans are.     Luckily, all the price increases are balanced out by all our salaries here in Japan going up co

Sounds good!   ...but Rusutsu is pretty sh*t though and should be avoided, for guaranteed knee deep powder and lots of 'gerende Magic' then one should look no further than Niseko on the island of Ja

Sun meadows again mostly, which is just up the road from me.

Only a small resort, but it is very close, easy to get to and I know a lot of people there.

So I will have a pass for there and then adventure out now and again to bigger resorrs.

Interesting to see that Rusutsu have introduced IC chip readers this year, season tickets haven't gone up (I don't think) I wonder if day tickets have, to cover the cost of the new system?

Rusutsu has introduced a new *IC Chip card* system from this season, with a returnable deposit of ¥500 for the card.

A day lift pass is ¥5,500

From a week or so ago...

Rusutsu has introduced a new *IC Chip card* system from this season, with a returnable deposit of ¥500 for the card.

A day lift pass is ¥5,500

From a week or so ago...

:doh:

Is that up from last year?

reason being is that the system to operate the ic cards is very expensive. Most ski areas are on a contract from Fujitsu or Hitachi etc.. they are not cheap to run.

I think they work well with resorts that have different owners then all the data can be gathered to see how they split the payments. More accurate than using a clicker.

They should use an existing system like pasmo, felica, waon, or edy.

If its affordable to install that kind of system in a drinks vending machine, I'm sure a ski lift can afford it.

• 2 weeks later...