Help needed for Blokey things to do in Tokyo

Hi guys and gals

An old friend of mine is visiting Tokyo soon, along with 20 of his closest customers. They have a free day on a Sunday and he asked me if I knew of some blokey things to do in Tokyo.

I've come up with a few ideas, but knowing the knowledge and imagination of those who read these forums I thought maybe you guys and gals could help out with some more ideas.

Note, as it is a work thing, ideas that are not suitable for work should be placed in a brown envelope and mailed to me separately.

thanks

Day out at the football? The games are usually pretty crap but they serve beer to make everything ok :)

Go-karts.....there's a Go-Kart track in Hiratsuka, probably a couple closer to Tokyo

• Like 1

I thought of baseball, but the season is over. Haven't checked yet whether there is any Sumo on that day.

Robot Restaurant could be the go for dinner, especially if it's as weird as I've heard.

They are from NZ so football might not be their thing, although from reports of previous trips these guys have been on, drinking definitely is.

What the ... take them to a Pachinko place, let them lose lots of money and then take them to a top notch Izakaya and let them drown their sorrows.

Then, next morning, a communal bath and some good food - they'll go home with a heap of memories, and think you are their new bestie!

Pachinko? Really? I couldn't think of much worse than that!

Neither can I ... but these blokes want to try the "real" Japan ... so ?

Besides, the kicker is in the booze later!

They ARE kiwis, after all! ... :violin: :bumtish:

I thought of baseball, but the season is over. Haven't checked yet whether there is any Sumo on that day.

Robot Restaurant could be the go for dinner, especially if it's as weird as I've heard.

They are from NZ so football might not be their thing, although from reports of previous trips these guys have been on, drinking definitely is.

I've heard that Robot Restaurant is quite a different experience (surreal was the word used) but its probably perfect for tourists as it reinforces the image that Japan is a weird and wacky place. Blokey things tho, hmm...could do a day trip out to climb Fuji or perhaps kayaking at Miura Kaigan?

My friend is the General Manager Sales and Marketing for a company that sells construction equipment. Diggers, loaders, etc. So his customers are the guys at large construction companies that have the yes/no say in buying large and expensive equipment.

From previous Facebook posts about trips he has taken with customers it appears the only things most of them are into is Rugby and Beer (good thinking there Big Al)

Rob is looking for something for them to do on 9 Nov, which is a bit to early to send them to Gala, and a bit too late for a baseball game. (after the pain in the a.. it is to get beer in a NZ rugby stadium, they would just love the beer girls at baseball)

Download a craft beer app like 'Untappd', 'Taphunter', or 'Find Craft Beer' and set them loose in Shibuya, Harajuku, etc. They can pub crawl their way around good Japanese craft beer.

BM - This sounds awesome. I'll be in Tokyo 23rd - 25th Jan and would love to try this. The only slight potential problem could be convincing Mrs. Big Al :sadface:

Take them to sky tree, although on second thoughts that is probably a no no, I think it is booked for months in advance.

Or maybe visit Asakasa, not maybe a blokey thing, but it might be fun for them, depends on what they want to do besides rugby and drink beer.

A bit of hiking could be a go followed by an onsen, that is a very typical Japanese day out kind of thing.