I am planning on some midweek Honshu skiing in late Feb and need advice on where to go, has to be reachable by train. I have considered Appi, Zao, Nozawa and Yuzawa just for ease of access, but I'm concerned that individually these resorts might not have a full 3 days worth of skiing for an intermediate/ advanced skier. Where would you suggest, bearing in mind that I just want to ski, not to see monkeys ( done that) or bathe in onsen or do anything else.

I think any of those would be big enough to keep me entertained for 3 days, but the largest of course is the town of Yuzawa, which includes about 20 different ski areas. Within Yuzawa, Kagura/Naeba alone would even be sufficient.

I'm not sure I understand the benefit really of a "same ticket" for Naeba/Kagura. You can easily spend at least a day at both, and getting between them only wastes time. Just my thought on that! Might be missing some benefit.

Maru-634 - I have actually never bought the joint ticket because I live so close by and one is definitely enough for one day . The reason to buy would be to be able to stay in the Naeba area but be able to easily access Kagura. Also I heard the views are nice. You can also take a free bus back to Naeba if you stay to late in the Kagura area. That all said I agree with what you said. Those are just the reasons I could think of to buy the joint ticket.

The dragondola that connects naeba and kagura (well Tashiro) takes quite a long time, opens late and as Maru-634 said......just wastes time IMO. Stick to one resort per day for sure, there are local buses ploughing the route between kagura and naeba so you won't get stranded down at Kags if you ride there all day. There are also free shuttle buses between the 2 but they don't run as late