Hi

Reading info about skiing in Japan in another phorum I've come accross to one topic from 2013 where it says that Kurodake typically closes during the season between early January and Febraury because of the amount of snow and the lack of costumers. Is that right?

What about this upcoming season?

I'll be in Hokkaido in January making a ski trip and planning to spend half of it in Asakihawa. If Kurodake is not an option, then it's only left Kamui and Asahidake on the agenda. Is it stil worth it? or should I change the plans and look for something else?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your responses :thumbsup:

The "drawback" I see in Furano is that apparently off-piste sking is prohibited. We don't want to be trapped in the slopes after traveling 19h from the other side of the world.

:D

Furano

Is one of the best places in the world to experience Japanese Culture and snow just go there and chill out sometimes the best snow you get is just of the side of the groomers.

If you dont want to travel for 19 Hours I would suggest you stay at home and go for a drive and experience the wonderful European Alps.

There are heaps of smaller hills around so just come for a visit and enjoy :D

Haven't heard news about Kurodake updates yet. But I think there's still lots of beautiful ski resorts remain aside from Kurodake. Anyway, why not try in the US for this coming winter season? There are lots of great spots that you should not miss too!

Edited by SJ-David
Taken out link. Please stop posting links to that (your?) website.

Seemore, I know pretty well the European Alps. Thanks for your advise :thumbsup:

ethanbagget, for sure I'll make a ski trip to the Rockies in the future. For the time being I have a flight ticket to Sapporo in January.

So, let's say I choose Furano as part of the trip. Any recommendation on the acommodation? I can't recall where, but I read in the past that Freeriding with a local guide is allowed. Am I right?

Thanks again.