SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
BKL

Advise for Ski Trip in mid of Dec

I will be travelling to Tokyo on the 13th of Dec and will be returning on the 20th. I would like to plan a 2-3 days ski trip in between my trip, however I realized that many of the ski resort opens after the 20th Dec.

Would anyone be able to advise a couple of possible ski/board place that I may visit at that time? Preferably somewhere accessible by train / bus, would be good if there is onsen.

Please advise, and thanks in advance.

Kagura in Yuzawa may be your best bet.....Shinkansen deal from Tokyo for less than 10k including lift ticket and good onsen too

unless you have a car tho, Tenjindaira is a bit of a pain to get to by public transport

Remember to take into account gondola riding time too.

Popular activities to prepare are handheld videogames, knitting and reading a novel or two. I reckon a good BBQ might be good too.

solving the current ebola crisis is also a good time filler….perhaps even fixing the toastie dilemma as well

Well, as Ebola is nothing to be worried about (someone told me), I think I'll spend time in the gondola working on some dome-related projects.

Hey Pies....I'm just downloading the drama series...Under The Dome.. Surely, you've seen it, right?

BKL get on a plane and go to Hokkaido you may score some good snow in Niseko the quiet local resort in the northern island of Japan

Kagura in Yuzawa may be your best bet.....Shinkansen deal from Tokyo for less than 10k including lift ticket and good onsen too

Where can you buy this ticket?

From any JR. View travel shop in the JR train stations. Onsens aren't included in the price mind you :)

Ask for the higaeri 日帰り deals.....that's the day return deals.

They can't be bought yet though.....gotta wait until about halfway thru next month before the brochures come out

From any JR. View travel shop in the JR train stations. Onsens aren't included in the price mind you :)

They can't be bought yet though.....gotta wait until about halfway thru next month before the brochures come out

Thank you! Cannot wait till snow season!

Didn't I say that in a different thread and you (or someone) came out and said you can ask in the travel store already??

Didn't I say that in a different thread and you (or someone) came out and said you can ask in the travel store already??

No....I thought you said the deals only go up to 1st week of April then you have to buy shink and lift tickets separately. I said they didn't and that after April you just have to go in and ask......but only till the end of the season.....this is October, there is no snow never mind snow deals! :)

They always stop your runs at the end of March/first week of April if you're lucky. After that it's arranging separate travel.

You did say the brochures come out mid oct, but that had nothing to do with my answer

Ahhh ok.

Wrong end <~~~~~stick~~~~~~~>

^^

This Is

Where

I am

Though, to be fair, your reply could be easily interpreted to apply to both October and April situations.

Ahhh ok.

Wrong end <~~~~~stick~~~~~~~>

^^

This Is

Where

I am

Though, to be fair, your reply could be easily interpreted to apply to both October and April situations.

Only if you have the wrong end of the stick!! :lol:

So I see.

You, sir, are now on my "wise guy, eh" list.

*grumblegrumble*

Thanks all for the help. I was watching for Yuzawa too however, on their main website it says opens 20th Dec 2014. Not too sure of Kagura, will definitely check it out.

As one (or many) have mentioned, details about snow season hasn't really been out there yet...so nothing much I can search for (Not knowing Japanese doesn't help either)

Hope to maybe get a few nights stay up there, not considering Hokkaido as flights be booked to Tokyo and want to stay away from the hassle to go another city (and not have time to explore) ...that will be for the next trip

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.