On the gallery page, click the button marked OPTIONS, then click SHARE LINKS. Then copy the URL thats in the IMAGE LINKS section and then paste it into the window that pops up when you click the image icon :thumbsup:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The oldeur models were then with my model they stopped making diesels for 3 years but then this year they brought out a new diesel engine for the same model.   There are several diesels available no

What do you pay for a litre of diesel in Japan?   It's around $1-50 in Qld.

Great rig Snowjunky - definitely ticks all the boxes:   Room for survey equipment & pegs & stakes..........check Room for extra field party..........check Suitable for bush surveys........

Hey Hey....!! Nice truck Big Al. Once the honeymoon is over I shall expect to see some mods...maybe nix the gun for now...

Love the rally trucks.....maybe not so much bling bling though..

The Open Country MT's are a nice match.

129_Isuzu_rally_version.jpg

Not sure what you mean by sliders Chris, Their a permanent addition made of ripple plate. Check out the ARB on line catalogue for Hilux's.

I've also got Nitro Shockers with 10 cm lift kit plus rear airlockers and compressor. Also Raycor micron fuel filter.

I'm not sure on the availability of ARB products in Japan.

Thanks Tubby - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys - Chriselle, that Isuzu rally truck is totally drool worthy :worship:.

In terms of future mods, once I've saved up, the whole rear tub is getting chopped off and a fully secure canopy/tray combo will be fitted.

In the mean time I use the tub for survey pegs, stakes & tripods, with all the expensive electro-optical gear and the smaller bits and pieces going in the rear of the cabin where the rear seats fold up conveniently.

I haven't had a diesel in about 20 years and the one mistake I have made constantly today is just firing her up without waiting for the glow plug heating light to go off. It only stays on for about 1 or 2 seconds when the truck is being driven constantly in this weather, so hopefully I'm not hurting my new baby.

Not sure what you mean by sliders Chris, Their a permanent addition made of ripple plate. Check out the ARB on line catalogue for Hilux's.

I've also got Nitro Shockers with 10 cm lift kit plus rear airlockers and compressor. Also Raycor micron fuel filter.

I'm not sure on the availability of ARB products in Japan.

Slider are heavy gauge round or square stock that are either welded or bolted to the frame and run the length of the rocker panels. They just protect the rockers as rocker damage is the most serious kind of body damage when traversing sections with boulders. They take the damage sliding over the rocks that would otherwise ding the rockers.

ARB air lockers are pretty solid units. Quite jealous man...... Definitely, pricey though and there are cheaper and just as durable lunchbox lockers on the market. However none sound as cool as ARB's with the compressor. Love the......wherrrr,, clickity click....wherrr clickity click....

You can pretty much get anything ARB here but it's marked up pretty high. Paying for shipping mostly as everything is pretty heavy.

Thanks Tubby - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys - Chriselle, that Isuzu rally truck is totally drool worthy :worship:.

In terms of future mods, once I've saved up, the whole rear tub is getting chopped off and a fully secure canopy/tray combo will be fitted.

In the mean time I use the tub for survey pegs, stakes & tripods, with all the expensive electro-optical gear and the smaller bits and pieces going in the rear of the cabin where the rear seats fold up conveniently.

I haven't had a diesel in about 20 years and the one mistake I have made constantly today is just firing her up without waiting for the glow plug heating light to go off. It only stays on for about 1 or 2 seconds when the truck is being driven constantly in this weather, so hopefully I'm not hurting my new baby.

Ya...I love those box replacement ...boxes.. My favorite truck in the world would be a 70 series ute with a box like this one..totally drool worthy. Oh and....umm....That exhaust note makes my tongue hard... :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl0uIn8C4nQ

Don't worry about the glow plug wait. It doesn't hurt anything and they are only REALLY there for very cold starting.

Put 255/85's, bull bar, lift, winch, cage and rack, off-road lights and other trail rigging...... fuel economy takes a bit of a hit. That's pretty good if you are getting 800+kms per fill up.

It came with 245/70's (All terrain) as standard so it's not shy on road rubber.

My cruise down the Gold Coast at the weekend obviously helped as I just sat on 1800 - 2000 rev's on the freeway. The fill up after the next one will give a truer picture. ie. a tankful used up sitting in bloody Brissie traffic trying to get to work. :veryangry: