• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The oldeur models were then with my model they stopped making diesels for 3 years but then this year they brought out a new diesel engine for the same model.   There are several diesels available no

What do you pay for a litre of diesel in Japan?   It's around $1-50 in Qld.

Great rig Snowjunky - definitely ticks all the boxes:   Room for survey equipment & pegs & stakes..........check Room for extra field party..........check Suitable for bush surveys........

Hey Snowjunky, you have triggered the ultimate lifestyle fantasy existence in my head. It came to me after about the 4th Hef last night.

I reckon paradise on earth can be found in having your complete rig - 200 'Cruiser Altitude and Roadster Safari Tamer - and starting off at one of the southern U.S. resorts like Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico.

The wandering, ski-gyppo lifestyle would then see me cruise the highways and byways of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho skiing all those beautiful pow-havens, mega resorts, and small boutique joints: Arizona Snowbowl, Vail (actually skied there before), Aspen, Summit County (ditto), Park City, Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole (deffo on my "real life" bucket list), Sun Valley etc.

Then head up to the pacific north-west to try some resorts in Washington before crossing into Chriselle's old stomping ground and doing the B.C. (Whistler, Big White) and Alberta (Mount Norquay, Chateau Lake Louise etc. thing).

No need to stop there as we are well rigged up to head on up to Alaska and hang at Alyeska for a while.

Now if the fantasy really gets going then the trans-America highway will upgrade to 4 lane blacktop all the way from Fairbanks to Punta Arenas and so late April/May would see a roll down to the southernmost Chilean resorts before hitting the more mainstream El Portillo and Valle Nevado. Followed, of course by a trip into Arge to blast with the crowd at Las Lenas.........

Then repeat..............

and repeat.................

Aaaaahhh. Make sure you lock the car on Sunday Snowjunky!! :D

Hey Snowjunky, you have triggered the ultimate lifestyle fantasy existence in my head. It came to me after about the 4th Hef last night.

I reckon paradise on earth can be found in having your complete rig - 200 'Cruiser Altitude and Roadster Safari Tamer - and starting off at one of the southern U.S. resorts like Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico.

The wandering, ski-gyppo lifestyle would then see me cruise the highways and byways of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho skiing all those beautiful pow-havens, mega resorts, and small boutique joints: Arizona Snowbowl, Vail (actually skied there before), Aspen, Summit County (ditto), Park City, Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole (deffo on my "real life" bucket list), Sun Valley etc.

Then head up to the pacific north-west to try some resorts in Washington before crossing into Chriselle's old stomping ground and doing the B.C. (Whistler, Big White) and Alberta (Mount Norquay, Chateau Lake Louise etc. thing).

No need to stop there as we are well rigged up to head on up to Alaska and hang at Alyeska for a while.

Now if the fantasy really gets going then the trans-America highway will upgrade to 4 lane blacktop all the way from Fairbanks to Punta Arenas and so late April/May would see a roll down to the southernmost Chilean resorts before hitting the more mainstream El Portillo and Valle Nevado. Followed, of course by a trip into Arge to blast with the crowd at Las Lenas.........

Then repeat..............

and repeat.................

Aaaaahhh. Make sure you lock the car on Sunday Snowjunky!! :D

You and me both Big Al... When you have a bit of free time check out the expeditionportal site for other folks living the dream. I go there to drool and fantasize....

Holy moley, I just took a look at Expeditionportal

Awesome. Thanks Chris..

Now I just need it to rain for 4 days so I can justify to my my wife sitting on the computer for so long instead of doing the outside chores :naughty:

Going out to the football aside of course.

While that off road caravan looks awesome, I think I would rather have this for my off road mega ski trip

GLOBECRUISER-7100.jpg

Uber-awesome !!

Definitely storm across the Oder-Neisse in one of those !!

awesome rig.

Only problem is if you are parked uo out of town and you are out of fags,milk,booze, lady products etc, you have to take your whole house with you.

Unless you are towing a car

Just checked out the Action Mobil web site.

:thumbsup: Drool, drool :worship: :worship:

Have to admit to a deep-seated desire to command my own panzer division........... :party:

I just did some costing on hiring a car/ van, maybe for next trip with the idea to explore some out of the way places. It's might be a last minute organise for a snow holiday this season but could be for an extended period.

I put in the dates at 23 dec to 23 march and one site came back with a cost of about $6 - 7 k au, approx 600000 yen I think. This got me thinking, maybe just buy a car then sell it when leaving. A lot of backpakers on longer holidays do that over here.

Next the web search on how to costs involved/buying a car in Japan - the gist of it was that it is a major pita to do so with taxes, insurances etc.

Has abe really made it that hard for a tourist to buy a second hand car , use the car and then sell in Japan or is there an easier way?

I think that it's almost impossible for a non resident to buy a car here. You need to show police that u have a Parking space, for one. Other documentation is required that tourists won't have

Pretty tough (actually impossible) to do Rucky as Tubby points out. The parking space thing isn't required for k cars but even with that break..... next to impossible for registration and insurance.

It was just a thought - the rules are probably for the best. If the trip eventuates may have to use public transport - just really liked the idea of having the freedom with having a vehicle. Over here, I reckon a couple cartons of beer would fix the rego / insurance issues with certain people. :omg: Who likes aki aji?