• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The oldeur models were then with my model they stopped making diesels for 3 years but then this year they brought out a new diesel engine for the same model.   There are several diesels available no

What do you pay for a litre of diesel in Japan?   It's around $1-50 in Qld.

Great rig Snowjunky - definitely ticks all the boxes:   Room for survey equipment & pegs & stakes..........check Room for extra field party..........check Suitable for bush surveys........

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing Big Al's new truck.

Mate, you're not the only one. It's taking me all my mental strength to resist phoning up the dealership and repeating:

"Is my ute ready yet?"

"Is my ute ready yet?"

"Is my ute ready yet?"

"Is my ute ready yet?"

Not unlike Bart & Lisa when they wanted to go to Mount Splashmore.

• Like 1

I view 'Cruisers in the same terms as John Lennon described blues music. He said something along the lines of:

"If all music were chairs we would have all different varieties. Soft, comfy lounges, solid hardwood chairs, beautifully intricate mod-design chairs etc. The blues would be a chair and you would sit on it. It's the real thing."

IMHO 'Cruisers fully deserve their legendary status. They are the duck's nuts!

Once again - great rig Snowjunky!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the kind comments ............or not.

Different strokes for different folks I guess - that's cool.

After all I traded this as part payment on the Cruiser:-

P6210106.jpg

3.6 litre v6, DSG six speed gearbox, 4 motion all wheel drive, auto electric everything, Napper leather seats, 0 to 100 in 5.6 seconds.

I absolutely loved that car and it broke my heart to see it go but I now need a different kind of power - Pulling Power.

I have on order a 22' 6 Caravan that fully loaded weighs around 3 ton, and the 4.5 litre twin turbo V8 cruiser putting out 195KW and a whopping 650 nm of torque is the ultimate tow tug to take around this wide brown land (apart from those HUGE gas guzzling american trucks).

So out of the mid-life crisis car and into Mr practical car with a different kind of beauty for me.

Apart from the pulling power the cruiser will take me lots of places off the beaten track.

Plenty of other advantages also as per Chrisell's and Big Al's and others posts.

Couple of questions - 1.Chris, what is stinkbug? I have heard of stinkeye (evil eye) but not the other

2, Big Al - will you be at Suncorp Sunday?

Big Al - will you be at Suncorp Sunday?

Does a bear poo in the woods??

Big Al Junior & I are season ticket holders in the Platinum section - Isle 301, Row 15 !!

Are you going to be there?

One question about the VW, how did you get on with the DSG? A client and a mate each had Golfs with the DSG and they both went belly up!!

My cousin works at the Suncorp stadium……not in the pie stall or anything

Bugger, I was going to hit you up for details for a season of free pies mmmmmmmmmmm........

Big Al - will you be at Suncorp Sunday?

Does a bear poo in the woods??

Big Al Junior & I are season ticket holders in the Platinum section - Isle 301, Row 15 !!

Are you going to be there?

One question about the VW, how did you get on with the DSG? A client and a mate each had Golfs with the DSG and they both went belly up!!

Yes the bear does poo in the woods and yes I will be there (not the woods, - suncorp)

Myself and my two lads have been going for the past 9 years and are foundation platinum members.

Aisle 340 down the 3 top steps, turn left right and walk straight into our seats. Can't remember the row number, have not needed to having the same seats for 9 years. Now it's me, one son and one grandkid

We are in line with the Roar bench

I will be the one in orange!.

Back on topic, yes I did now there was a massive recall on certain VW DSG gearboxes though fortunately for me the CC model was not affected.

Thanks guys for the kind comments ............or not.

Different strokes for different folks I guess - that's cool.

After all I traded this as part payment on the Cruiser:-

P6210106.jpg

3.6 litre v6, DSG six speed gearbox, 4 motion all wheel drive, auto electric everything, Napper leather seats, 0 to 100 in 5.6 seconds.

I absolutely loved that car and it broke my heart to see it go but I now need a different kind of power - Pulling Power.

I have on order a 22' 6 Caravan that fully loaded weighs around 3 ton, and the 4.5 litre twin turbo V8 cruiser putting out 195KW and a whopping 650 nm of torque is the ultimate tow tug to take around this wide brown land (apart from those HUGE gas guzzling american trucks).

So out of the mid-life crisis car and into Mr practical car with a different kind of beauty for me.

Apart from the pulling power the cruiser will take me lots of places off the beaten track.

Plenty of other advantages also as per Chrisell's and Big Al's and others posts.

Couple of questions - 1.Chris, what is stinkbug? I have heard of stinkeye (evil eye) but not the other

2, Big Al - will you be at Suncorp Sunday?

Nice ride you traded in...although I wouldn't call a $100K+... 200 Series "Mr Practical"... :sj-lol: Stinkbug is a reference to an unbalanced lift where the ass end sticks up higher than the front. BUT, hauling gear or loading the hitch with a big trailer requires a bit more spring in the rear. I was wondering what you might be pulling .... Do post up some pics of the entire rig when you get it..

My cousin works at the Suncorp stadium……not in the pie stall or anything, but behind the scenes in the management side of things.

Oh my goodness we are being over-run with Scots :wave:

Chriselle, I have one of these on order. Will be delivered April next year.

0069_0_600.jpg

Very very nice!! I love Aussie trailers.... The LandCruisers of the trailer world.. That's my mid-life crisis wet dream right there...!!

big Al, any news on your Dmax delivery?

I paid the deposit on Saturday (4th) and was told "about 2 weeks" for delivery.

My mental maturity strategic test is to NOT ring the dealership before the 18th!!

It's tough going !!!!

Aisle 340 down the 3 top steps, turn left right and walk straight into our seats. Can't remember the row number, have not needed to having the same seats for 9 years. Now it's me, one son and one grandkid

We are in line with the Roar bench

I will be the one in orange!.

That's very close Snowjunky. Big Al Junior and I will have to say Hi. No trouble spotting us as we'll be in orange too !!! :D

My cousin works at the Suncorp stadium……not in the pie stall or anything, but behind the scenes in the management side of things.

Oh my goodness we are being over-run with Scots :wave:

Well, no....he's Australian

Just bought a new ute.

An Isuzu D-Max. Delivery in a couple of weeks !!

:) :) WooHoo :) :)

Wonder if it'll out-drag Mrs. Big Al's Honda CRV??

Cool! That would be an awesome test drive for sure! You rock!

Chriselle, I have one of these on order. Will be delivered April next year.

0069_0_600.jpg

Veey nice.

One thing to be aware of, which I have been told by my father which he was told by people from his caravaning club, is that big 4WD cars sometimes break the 'A' frame on the caravan, because the ride height is much higher than a normal road car plus the suspension is also much stiffer, as a result the 'A' frame suffers from a lot more vibration and overload causing them to snap.

Not from my experience just relaying what I have been told.

If he has enough lift on the caravan then maybe less of a problem.

He may have it matched up to suit his car, just I was told a standard caravan had problems of too much stress breaking the frames.

Hopefully that is not the case here.

umm..................thanks Snowdude, I will make a note to myself to be very careful and not break my caravan.

Show this to your dad:-

WINNER – CARAVAN WORLD’S BEST AUSSIE VAN AWARDS BEST LUXURY VAN: THE ROADSTAR™ SAFARI TAMER

It’s a great day for us here at Roadstar™ - we’re proud to announce that the all-new Safari Tamer has won the title of Best Luxury Van, named by Caravan World Australia as part of their inaugural Best Aussie Vans awards.

The showcase test of 13 caravans represented the crème de la crème of Australian caravan manufacturing; assessed in four categories over seven days, each one was put under the microscope by the team at Caravan World along with television hosts Tim Smith and Brooke Hanson from Discover Downunder.

You can read all about the awards, categories and judging criteria here.

The Roadstar™ Safari Tamer was named Best Luxury Van, in the high end category of the competition; from its rough and ready exterior to its stunning designer interior, the judges were consistently impressed.

You can watch the full Discover Downunder video showcasing the Safari Tamer’s victory below:

Their first impression? The Safari Tamer is a bold, gutsy caravan all over. The high checker plate on the exterior is made purely for off-road enjoyment – from the first glance, it’s clear the Safari Tamer is in its natural element on roads less travelled.

Laura Keys of Caravan World noted the small luxury touches included throughout the design; the lowerable steps to assist in climbing to the doorway are a thoughtful inclusion in a high-riding caravan like this one.

When it came to the age-old car bra vs. checker plate debate, Caravan World’s Phil Lord praised the Safari Tamer’s high checker plate and proper stone protection features on the van’s exterior as “the real deal”. The rubber panelling on the front façade was praised for not only reflecting stone to prevent damage to the caravan, but also for protecting the back of the car while towing.

When Malcolm Street, the Caravan World resident technology guru, discovered just how many smart, modern conveniences the Safari Tamer boasts, he was in heaven. From the classy LED lighting system, to the impressive sound system and Bluetooth connectivity that allows everything to be controlled with a portable device – like an iPad – the Safari Tamer received glowing reviews across the board for its ingenuity and modern technology.

In a fantastic one on one chat with Caravan World editor Max Taylor, Tim and Brooke from Discover Downunder got the chance to hear the Roadstar™ story; down to the smallest detail, every caravan is produced to the highest quality with passion and expertise. True examples of 21st century design and manufacturing, Roadstar™ caravans like the Safari Tamer have been a labour of love, due to the dedication and vision the company prides itself on. Max noted that it clear that a substantial investment has been made into producing the quality Roadstar™ is known for, and that it has certainly been money well spent.

Caravan World wrapped up with this lovely expression of congratulations on our win:

“Congratulations to the team at Roadstar™ - so much work went into designing this van, and it really shows. The Safari Tamer really is a Best Aussie Van”

We couldn’t be prouder to have been awarded this title; from the whole team at Roadstar™, we’d like to extend our thanks to Caravan World Australia, the team at Discovery Downunder, and everyone who helped to put the event together.

We hope to continue raising the bar for luxury caravans here in Australia, providing our customers with luxury style, quality finish and freedom of choice to create their perfect home away from home.