Ring bells for anyone here?

The Senior Alphabet

A is for apple, and B is for boat,

That used to be right, but now it won't float!

Age before beauty is what we once said, but let's be a bit more realistic instead.

Try this one ...

A's for arthritis,

B for the bad back,

C's for the chest pains, perhaps car-di-ac?

D is for dental decay and decline,

E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!

F is for fissures and fluid retention,

G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.

H is for high blood pressure - I'd rather it low;

I for incisions with scars you can show.

J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,

K is for knees that crack when they bend.

L 's for libido, what happened to sex?

M is for memory, I forget what comes next.

N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low;

O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few, just give me a pill and I'll be good as new!

Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?

R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,

T is for Tinnitus, bells in my ears!

U is for urinary, troubles with flow,

V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy,' you know.

W for worry, now what's going 'round?

X is for X ray, and what might be found.

Y for another year I'm left here behind,

and ...

Z is for zest I still have - in my mind!

Put me down for a few of those..................................well, maybe more than a few........................................can't remember.

Kokodoko, if you think for one second that the Jets can come up here to Suncorp and beat the Mighty Roar again, you're..........you're.......

probably right.... :doh:

Kokodoko, if you think for one second that the Jets can come up here to Suncorp and beat the Mighty Roar again, you're..........you're.......

probably right.... :doh:

No way

Did we not put 4 past them in Townsville.............................with our reserve team

The once hi flying Jets have looked very ordinary in pre-season unfortunately.

Back on topic.............my knee hurts

But you have your life savings to enjoy, don't you? ;)

Errrrm... Life costs - savings are when you don't have stuff to spend it on. I ski Japan, from Aus that'll chew up a bit of "life savings" right there! Not COMplaining, just EXplaining.

• 4 weeks later...

When we get older we think differently, don't we? This letter was sent to the Principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all humankind... especially if you are familiar with the Elderly. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.

Dear Kean Elementary,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Springer Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. Her distress over the broken radio touched me and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers. She asked if she could listen to mine, and I told her to go phuck herself.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,

Agnes