新幹線?

Are you winding us up, Biggen? Or are you shit at Japanese too?

No I am not winding up. I am Shite at both English and Japanese but I don,t pretend like others

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a2k as you are in Sugamihara means your near the Chuo express way, which is of course a long way from Kanetsu unless you use the ken endo or what ever it is called to join to kanetsu so Yuzawa area is

Kawaba in Gunma, about 25 minutes or so from Numata IC on the Kanetsu.   It's one of the places I'm going to this coming season. Really liked it when I went before.

Yeah, Sagamihara to Numata using Ken-o & Kan-etsu is 155km, about Y4,600 in tolls. Lot of good skiing off that exit, Oze White World, Kawaba as Muika says, Marunuma Kogen. Trains to anywhere from

新幹線?

Are you winding us up, Biggen? Or are you shit at Japanese too?

No I am not winding up. I am Shite at both English and Japanese but I don,t pretend like others

So let me get this straight, using a dictionary..

Shin. Kan. Sen.

新 幹 線

新-しん、あたら・しい、あら・た: new, neo-

, unused.

幹線- かんせん、main line, trunk line. From the kanji 幹- かん、meaning main tree trunk, and 線, せん、meaning line.

So "new main line" is about as pretty darn direct a translation as is possible on this island of Japan.

I would advise maybe checking yourself, before wrecking yourself. Sir.

I was going to give up, but the thought of you digging yourself further into a smelly hole is just too tempting, John...

Let's recap.

The kanji for Shinkansen is 新幹線.

The kanji for Shin Yokohama Station is 新横浜駅.

市 does in fact mean city. 鼻 means nose. ウンコ means poo. バカ means stupid.

But none have anything to do with the topic of conversation.

There is no Shi Myokokogan Station.

There is no Shi Yokohama Station.

Ask JR if you don't believe me, they're the foo who own and operate the stations. They'll be able to let's confirming.

Thing is, the main point here is not about the direct translation of the word 新幹線.... which people generally don't do anyway here, people refer to it as 'Shinkansen' in English don't they.

It's John-San calling stations what they ain't called.

Well, that's my point anyway. And a jolly fine one it is too.

Just trying to remember, at the stations aren't they referred to as 'Shinkansen'?

Even John's 'other' main point is bollocks though isn't it.... it's 新幹線 with a 新. Nothing to do with 'city'.

Deary me, how can someone be so sure of themselves when they are so utterly wrong.

I was going to give up, but the thought of you digging yourself further into a smelly hole is just too tempting, John...

Let's recap.

The kanji for Shinkansen is 新幹線.

The kanji for Shin Yokohama Station is 新横浜駅.

市 does in fact mean city. 鼻 means nose. ウンコ means poo. バカ means stupid.

But none have anything to do with the topic of conversation.

There is no Shi Myokokogan Station.

There is no Shi Yokohama Station.

Ask JR. if you don't believe me, they'll tell you.

Nose in Japanese is Hana, Hana also means Flower and it is also used as a japanese girls name. You have the the symbol correct but do you know how to structure a sentence in Kanji. Like Hana has a big nose or What is the cost of akura. Would you understand it. I do not think you can. Why? because you make up shite and your full of it

Nose in Japanese is Hana, Hana also means Flower and it is also used as a japanese girls nam. You have the the symbol correct but do you know how to structure a sentence in Kanji. Like Hana has a big nose or What is the cost of akura. Would you understand it. I do not think you can. Why? because you make up shite and your full of it

What's that got to do with the subject being discussed?

:confused:

Sadly, I don't know the cost of 'akura'. Is it expensive? (Will they sell it at Shi Myokokogan Station?)

Yes, please let's get back to the topic.

If you can get to omiya (saitama) by 7am there are a fleet of busses that leave for various skijo, depending on the day you can get there quite early.

Or there's an overnight "snowpal" train that leaves Asakusa at 11:50pm ish. It runs through the night and stops for you to sleep on it, before pulling in at Aizu at an ungodly hour you then transfer to bus and go to either Takatsue or Daikura. Return trip is from about 4:30. If you can stand sleeping on the seats, it's actually pretty good value.