Eruption in Nagano/Gifu!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah pie i gud!  

Well yes I agree, but were the helmets that news announcers in the tv studios wore effective during all the reporting for the major earthquake in Tohoku? No, but they did it (and looked rather silly

I do like the news guys standing 5 kms away wearing the helmets while other people are just walking around on the background helmet-less. Another typhoon is on it's way up .... so we should be treate

Why is it needed to send that many rescuers (500?) :wakaranai: up the mountain - there is stil a risk. To retrieve the bodies - it only needs a few and the helicopter.

Japanese army have nothing better to do

Well in Asaka they DO take care of the local festival - you can even get inlistet - if you want - uniforms for 6-8 years children for newcommers.

I've had the overwhelming urge the last few days.... to grab one of my guitars, crank up the Marshall and rip a few bars of Van Halen's "Eruption".... strange.... :wakaranai: ...... ;)

Mate ... you said it! :p

Some horrific and heartbreaking stories indeed.

2 Friends who had to abandon their other friend after his lower leg was shattered by a rock;

A family that lost their little kid through inhaling hot ash;

Just too terrible. Actually very difficult for me to watch the news because of it.

All innocent nature lovers.

Wonder if people will start trekking wearing helmets?

And ... would that be effective?

A basketball sized rock would hardly even notice any commercially available helmet!

Well yes I agree, but were the helmets that news announcers in the tv studios wore effective during all the reporting for the major earthquake in Tohoku?

No, but they did it (and looked rather silly at the same time as well).

That's sort of my point.

• Like 1

It may look silly, but I think it is the general prepareness for the big earthquake. Generel education for the population."let's be ready - when it happens" (as good as it is possible). :huh:

Education, how to behave can be essential for survival. (just think about how important it was to act , when the tsunami warning was given).

In that light it is not that silly.'

(and don't mind the spelling). :sj-lol: