Eruption in Nagano/Gifu!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah pie i gud!  

Well yes I agree, but were the helmets that news announcers in the tv studios wore effective during all the reporting for the major earthquake in Tohoku? No, but they did it (and looked rather silly

I do like the news guys standing 5 kms away wearing the helmets while other people are just walking around on the background helmet-less. Another typhoon is on it's way up .... so we should be treate

Yeah some of that ash has drifted as far as Kofu, but so far we are ok here at the moment. Kofu being that little bit further south than us is a bit more in line with that volcano, but if the wind change who knows.

Made the news here tonight!

F AAA R K! Not nice! But it seems the boffins are all over it, knew it was possible, just forgot to tell anyone?

Possible, I mean, with some degree of certainty and a time frame.

If you don't think they should have done some warnings, what do you think? Just let anyone die who happens to live there?

If a warning system exists (which I assume does) then what's it purpose if not to warn people very likely to be affected?

What, then, is the intention of the tsunami warning system? If it generates a warning, what happens? Nothing? If that's the case - it's a bloody great waste of money!

May it is because it is only med. doctor who can declare death (with one exception), others can say - no breathing or heartbeat.

I think that is indeed the issue. The news can't declare the victims officially dead until a doctor has signed the death certificates. Probably insurance, inheritance, and other legal issues involved.

Whatever the factors, it's pretty damn taihen. I feel so sorry for those whose lives are forever changed, or worse. Just another sign that our position in nature is to be respected, not expected.

Totally agree Peetan. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who is disgusted by some of the man-made squabbles and resulting deaths going on in the world today - Syria, Iraq etc.

Our time here is short and should be used positively. Nature can and will cull us whenever - not unlike the Monty Pythons foot !!!!!