Funny thing isn't it.

Some grey hairs, a slight bit of receeding too, creaking joints.

Hadn't really noticed anything until recently. :(

Until now just seen my parents age while they are still doing fine, there's no escaping that they are not 'old'.

I came to this thread thinking it was about fried food... I could go for some kara-age right about now.

Mmmm......definitely a worthy hijack... Man, I love Ika gesso-age... (calamari).... I'm drooling like the Pavlov mutt right now..

there is an izakaya on Minami4 Nishi 6, near suskino that sells the best chicken wings ever. 1 chicken wing is only 30¥ They also have awesome ザンギ, probably the best fried chicken I've ever had and also they sell 豚角煮 100¥ per 100g :yummy:

• Like 1

Can't drink what I used to: Not even close now mate.

Some grey hairs: All shades of grey (definitely not a literary reference)

Gradually get less mobile: Sports I've had to give up due to ageing; football; judo; distance running; squash

Love of fried food: Never diminished

Love of beer: Increased appreciation with age (if less ability to handle it)

{the above may/may not be true about sex}

The real biggie has been simply whenever any given situation has demanded a "No, can't do that anymore" judgement. And they're getting more frequent.

Such is life!

AGEING SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! In my mind I am still in my 30's then i catch a glance of my reflection and wonder who that old woman is.

I was so fit, fabulous and healthy until 45 NOW I am on a first name basis with my doctor :sadface:

AND what is the go with all the aches and pains in the mornings when you get up. BLAH I want to be young again :eyes:

I don't drink at all nowadays. Really just doesn't agree with me anymore. Aches and pains are just normal now but I do work a pretty physical job. Best things about being older is having a business we love instead of working for someone else in job we couldn't give a shite about. Now owning what is pretty much a dream property for us. And of course being able to spend a lot of time with my daughter. A lot more than most fathers seem to get. There's been a lot good things about getter older but yeah physically it isn't great.

there is an izakaya on Minami4 Nishi 6, near suskino that sells the best chicken wings ever. 1 chicken wing is only 30¥ They also have awesome ザンギ, probably the best fried chicken I've ever had and also they sell 豚角煮 100¥ per 100g :yummy:

Wow, that's well cheap. At inaka supermarket prices you might struggle to make them yourself for that.

Every time I compete in Karate tournaments the competition just gets even younger. Trying to cope with fast-healing university graduates when you are only 3 years away from the VETERAN category (age 35 for veterans?! Bloody cheek!!), really does take it out of you.

However, there is truth in the idea of becoming more efficient with whatever you do physically, so you don't actually *need* all the bonuses that youth provides. Brains over brawn, or experience over vigour, I suppose.

Still, feels great when you get to whop a plucky young so-and-so's arrogant arse because the underestimate you :p

I was thinking of making a run at the All Japan Kayak Championship one last time at the end of October. Started a bit of training but nope.....my shoulders and back are just too shot to do that anymore. Like Snowhuntress...getting out of bed and going down those bloody stairs in the morning is demoralizing...