SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
kkk

Mt To Grand View Ski Area

I have been researching a trip to Mt Granview (of course) and saw on googlemaps how that have it posted as Mt To Grand View Ski Area.

Silly!

That's just ridiculous, they haven't got a clue!

Unless it's perhaps some dudes from Niseko or Hakuba trying to damage the upcoming Mt Granview in someway...

• Like 1

Not to be pedantic but it translates in kana as Mt Guranbiyu on the SJ Resorts search ( but my Japanese is terrible so please feel free to correct me.

It perhaps should be called Grandview, as there are certainly those.

But I'll keep the official name. It's unique and lovely. Mt Granview.

Probably the new transporter system. Just stand on the X and bam! you're at the top of the mountain. Cool stuff.

There is no gondola at Mt Granview, they got rid of their 500 capacity über Gondola a few seasons ago, now they have a vacuum tube system

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.