Should be seeing some Blizzak CM's soon.

Reminds of the other day..

I have 12 or so used tires sitting outside that I need to get rid of. The junk guy who pics up used crap like bikes, old batteries, air con units...etc... drove by and just asked him out of curiosity how much it would be to take all the tires away. Knowing that my local gas stand dude does it for 320 yen per tire I awaited his answer. Get this...He says, well, I'll give you a good deal at 45,000 yen.... Huh..? You mean 4500 yen right..? I almost fell over laughing...and continued laughing as he back peddled it down to 20,000 yen. I spent the next 5 minutes telling him how much of a lowlife he was cruising around this predominantly retiree neighborhood taking advantage of the elderly who don't know any better. Bloody despicable actually.

I have some snow tires I had just bought when I had my Nissan Camper van. I only used them for one season and sold the van that year. So, I had these tires in storage for 8 years. Well, I got the little Terios Kid and figured I'd need snow tires and remembered I had the tires from the van. I went and checked the size and hey...low and behold they fit perfectly on the stock kid rims and fit fine on the 2 inch lifted Kid.

Problem is the tires are old and the rubber has gotten pretty hard so they might be a little iffy on the mountain ice. It would be nice if I can get away with it though as I spent a ton on snowy's for the Cruiser last year. Man,, I've spent a lot of money on tires this year.

I have the fun of buying new snow tyres for my Delica, which will not be cheap and then the fun of buying summer tyres next season for it too and they are 18 inch rims.

Both sets can probably do one more season, but winter tyres in particular need deep tread to be properly effective and what is left is far from deep.

Nah I like the 18's even though they wont be cheap im sticking with them.

Mind you the 16 inch rims I have for the winter tyres gives the car more of a bad arse I can run over some old grannies k car and squash it flat look with those having the big chunky high walls.

But the 18's give it the more refined sexy look, but still speaks of I am able to crush a few cows if they get in the way look.

Thats funny.

What did he say when he managed to squeeze his price down by over half? ;)

He was kinda stammering and busy making BS "overly loud" phone calls to his imaginary recycle friends while I worked on my Cruiser chuckling at his ridiculousness.... After a bit I finally just said...Enough.......stop trying to scam people.

Yesterday I had to go the gas stand and have them change over a tire on my wife's car and we talked about this guy. They were pretty disgusted, too.

We had a wanker like him where we used to live in Kofu.

He would come around with his pissy little truck and a loud speaker saying how cheaply he can take away bits.

So I asked him how much to take an old TV, he gave me some totally bs over the top price.

I ended up telling him to go get lost, why do people have to pay this idiot so much money when they can just go and buy a 15 yen sticker from the conbini and on the said days it will be taken regardless of size.

He never did come around anymore after that.

Thankfully no one like that comes around this area, probably because no one except those living here knows this area exists, lol.

I can not understand how he can get away with that when there is a proper very cheap rubbish dumping system run by the local wards anyway.

Yamanashi it is 15 yen per item, anything seems to be ok.