I don't reckon there's a single Canadian who isn't shit-hot on the ice with a hockey stick so why would inline hockey be any different?

It gives me great pleasure in seeing cultural integrity preserved via dominance on the sports field - e.g. New Zealanders winning Union, Japanese winning Judo, Canadians winning ice hockey etc.

"Dad...Dad...what's silver?"

"I don't know son - we're Canadian!"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rather than 'what are your hobbies off season', what do you do to stop yourself from going rusty in the summer months? Do you go to summer slopes? Indoor slopes? Does skateboarding help for boarders?

I had decided to read motivational books but I just can't seem to get started.

I tend to cartwheel, myself.     ...Though, is it technically called cartwheeling if partly done with your face?

Ya...but they are not the same actually. After a lifetime of ice hockey, inline can be tough. There's no stopping like on ice... If you try, you'll do a face plant. You can learn to do a skidding turn stop on concrete but over-riding muscle memory is tough...especially during a game. Also, after a summer on inline skates the first few times on the ice are a write-off because of the different rocker between the wheels and ice blades. Some of the better inline (hockey) skates do a good job of simulating the proper rocker though.

There's no stopping like on ice... If you try, you'll do a face plant. You can learn to do a skidding turn stop on concrete but over-riding muscle memory is tough

Sounds not unlike the differences when I tried grass skis many moons ago.

Any attempt at sharp edgy stuff resulted in the face plant!

They actually helped technique for racing though as they didn't allow the "release the edges" cop out and forced you to focus on picking the correct line.