SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
snowdude

First snow on the mountains snow watch autumn 2014

also, my Facecloth is awash with friends pictures of a snowcapped Fuji…….seems quite a large band of snow

Yes now the sun is out I can see Fuji, it has a really nice white cap down quite low.

Some of the higher peaks here should have got snow too, but still covered in cloud. Hopefull will clear up.

Actually that doesn't look like snow to me. It's ice from the glacier overflowing out of the crater. Another harbinger of the approaching ice age.

Weather report yesterday was saying that Hokkaido/Sapporo is likely for its first snowfall next week as an early cold front moves down…….if thats true, that would make those clever little yuki-mushi correct…..it'd be about 10 days since I first saw them that the snow appeared……if it does actually appear :)

Hope it does! Otherwise the two hours spent putting up snow defenses in the garden with the father-in-law was wasted this afternoon!

Was a big surprise this morning when I checked the web cams and everywhere had a dusting of white :thumbsup: :clap:

Furano Web Cams down. Did Furano get a dusting to????

Did Furano get a dusting to????

Yeah Furano got a layer of snow today. Most places in west/central Hokkaido got at least a few flurries.

yes Furano did get a little covering of snow.

Teine Highland got its first snows as well

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.