First snow on the mountains snow watch autumn 2014

NASA has just reported that globally it was the warmest Aug ever recorded. Overall the summer was the 4th warmest Jun-Aug period ever recorded globally. Of course all this record warmth is what you'd expect just before the onset of an ice age.....if you're a complete imbecile.

Coldest August in the UK in over 20 years.

However if Scotland leaves the Union tomorrow that figure will be revised. Dramatically :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiked Teine today and got incredible views all the way up to Asahidake and the rest of Daisetsuzan. Also could see the summit of Yotei.   Daisetsuzan range with the city in the foreground   Clos

This is Ashibetsu-dake, just to the south west of Furano. Taken this afternoon  

Beautiful day here today, so beautiful views of the mountains after the snowfall earlier in the week         Classic Japan, power lines in the way!

Breaking News

INTERNET debates can be won by simply inventing evidence, it has been confirmed.

Roy Hobbs, from Hatfield, revealed he had won arguments about immigration, climate change and whether dogs feel pain by using nothing more than total lies.

He said: “I was losing an argument about the death penalty when I suddenly, to my own surprise, claimed that studies had shown 72 per cent of those wrongfully convicted of murder later admitted they’d done it after all.

“It completely worked. And in my next argument, about feminism, I found myself arguing that Germaine Greer had been found to be in the employ of the Soviet Union since 1968.

“I was asked for evidence and just provided random links to adverts on Auto Trader that my opponents couldn’t be bothered to check.

“I don’t know why nobody thought of this before.”

Hobbs’ online foe Norman Steele said: “You know he can’t even leave his own house because of a patchwork of restraining orders against him by neighbours?”

• Like 1

NOAA confirms August this year was the hottest ever recorded

•The combined average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces for August 2014 was record high for the month, at 0.75°C (1.35°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F), topping the previous record set in 1998.

201408.gif

201408.gif

Hottest ever recorded in the middle of the gobi, maybe but not the rest of the world.

Just open your eyes read reports from people living in different countries around the world and you will see that August was far far from the hottest, rather quite the opposite for many places, Japan included.

And so far September in Japan has been way colder than it should be too.

Frost in Hokkaido, frost in Parts of Nagano two days ago, frost here in parts of Yamanashi, probably frost here where I am tonight, people wearing winter coats using heaters in September in Japan. Even for highland areas like here it is unusual.

Parts of America have had snow, Canada have had snow, Alaska have had snow, some friend of mine told me Germany was very cool this summer, so too was Italy, parts of India in the mountains have had snow and cold, and all the areas I mention are areas that got snow in August and or early september but usually do not get so early. Don't belive me go check and see.

Antarctic sea ice the most ever.

Third all-time record in a row –

Now off the Bremen chart

Antarctctic_Sea_Ice-19Sep2014

Interactive chart:

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/antarctic.sea.ice.interactive.html

Links to other charts

Sea Ice Area

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/antarctic.sea.ice.interactive.html

http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/antarctic-sea-ice-area-day-258-sets-3rd-all-time-record-in-a-row-but-only-by-600-sq-km/

Sea Ice Extent

http://www.iup.uni-bremen.de:8084/amsr2/extent_s_running_mean_amsr2_regular.png

http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/antarctic-sea-ice-extent-sept-18-2014-20-million-sq-km/

http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/arcticantarctic-mirror-graph-day-260/

Antarctic sea ice is covering a larger area, but there has been record reduction in the extent of the land based ice.......... which accounts for a huge proportion of total volume of land based ice in the world........ ... and the melting of the land based ice decreases the salinity of the sea immediately around Antarctica because of the massive extra volume of fresh water pouring off the land....... lower salinity of the ocean allows it to freeze at higher temperatures........... so for me, while interesting, not any kind of proof the world isn't heating up.....

Just saying.......

well that definitely ties in with the results of another study released yesterday entitled " It was a rather cool-ish evening so I turned on my heater " in this study it was shown that it was, in fact, cool enough to require the use of artificial heating in order to overcome the (possibly) localised but more likely global effect of decline in temperature which may or may not be due to the start of an ice age.......

Your whole problem snowdude is that you confuse weather with climate. Sure there's always variations around the globe from year to year and place to place and that's why it's important to look at averages globally over the long term. When you do that it's extremely clear the earth is not cooling. As I stated before globally there has not been one month since Feb 1985 that has had a negative anomaly. If we were cooling we'd at least be seeing some months having negative anomalies. We are not. If it was genuinely cooling and heading anything towards temps that we'd consider an 'ice age' just about every month would have negative anomalies. Now if that starts happening then even I'd agree we'd be heading into a cooling period but as it stands there is no evidence for that beyond the pseudo-scientific nonsense from numbnuts like you who have no background in science whatsoever piecing together a few disparate weather events from around the globe and attempting to make this into something it's not. You really should leave science to those who know about it.

The thing is snowdude you are like someone who say gets a diagnosis of cancer and decides to go to see 100 doctors about it. All the doctors give you the same diagnosis but you are in complete denial and decide you know better than all the experts because of something you've read on some internet blog and so you search around for some alternative medical practitioner who gives you a diagnosis that you prefer. If you really did that everyone around you would surely think you're a complete nutter. And you would be. And in the case of climate science you are.

15. Yes. Yes.

While the above results were the result of a 44 member CSIRO think-tank, the results were published in what was considered a "timely" manner to the extent that both CSIRO and "Big Al"(*Reg. pat. pending) indemnify themselves against all possible claims arising from viewers' acceptance of these results.

• 3 weeks later...

Been seeing quite a bit of yuki-mushi around recently.....seems a few weeks earlier than last year...folklore has the first snows falling about 10 days after they appear......that'd be super early if it comes true