First snow on the mountains snow watch autumn 2014

GN I am still waiting for you to post a link to that bs data you posted ealier.

You like to run your mouth, but can never provide any details of were you get your info from, now why is that?

It's all available on the 'NOAH' site. Don't bother though snowdude. You aren't interested in science or facts. You're like the religious. You happily live in your little bubble of delusion devoid of any scientific evidence.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiked Teine today and got incredible views all the way up to Asahidake and the rest of Daisetsuzan. Also could see the summit of Yotei.   Daisetsuzan range with the city in the foreground   Clos

This is Ashibetsu-dake, just to the south west of Furano. Taken this afternoon  

Beautiful day here today, so beautiful views of the mountains after the snowfall earlier in the week         Classic Japan, power lines in the way!

To be fair Snowdude, not that I doubt what you say, or back GN's view.....BUT in terms of Scotland, up until a few years ago, it was common for fairly large patches of the Cairngorms to remain snow capped throughout the year, I did mention on a thread here, a year or so ago that the preceding summer was the first that the Cairngorms snow had all melted.

It's not like I require any of the intellectual genius's on this site to 'back my view'. My view as you put it is the view backed by 99% of climate scientists around the world and every major scientific organisation on the planet. If people want to believe in pseudo-scientific nonsense like snowdude does then good for them but I for one will at least attempt to put forward some scientific facts and battle the ignorance of the scientifically illiterate.

The beauty of the western market capitalism system is that the general focus of aggregate knowledge is the pursuit of wealth. There is currently much investment in the opportunities, perceived as being very real, which will be brought about as the Arctic ice cap continues to recede: new shipping routes, natural resource extraction etc.

Are the markets wrong???

I doubt it.

GN I am still waiting for you to post a link to that bs data you posted ealier.

You like to run your mouth, but can never provide any details of were you get your info from, now why is that?

It's all available on the 'NOAH' site. Don't bother though snowdude. You aren't interested in science or facts. You're like the religious. You happily live in your little bubble of delusion devoid of any scientific evidence.

Should that not be 'NOAA'?

And have you noticed how NOAA only picks a few hotter than usual spots and then say the world is warming.

They do not mention anything about all the places that are cooler and wetter than usual.

Why have they not memtioned Japan for one, Japan has been much wetter and cooler throughout the summer and continues to be so this month.

Many parts of the US have been cooler than average, but they only pick a few areas that have been warmer and or drier.

Now you can not expect the entire planet to be colder than average, but if you look at the big picture more of the planet has been below average than above average this year, why is that not mentioned?

Strangely enough NOAA have stated that there has been no global warming in past years even though they try to make it look like there is when you look at there site.

But if you study it carefully you will see how they pick a few places only, mainly places that are known hot spots and a few odd ones that are warmer than usual.

If they monitored everywhere it would show a very different result.

And you can not expect one country to always be colder, even cold places will have warmer than average temps sometimes The climate varies always has done and always will, but one thing is for sure it is on the whole getting cooler.

Anyway you have messed up my thread with your drivle, so back to the topic in hand that being snow watch on the mountains.

It's all available on the 'NOAH' site.

Well, I jolly well couldn't find anything, and I was fannying around on there for literally hours:

http://www.noahmovie.co.uk/

Do I need to watch this documentary to get the info?

There's a very nice big BUY NOW button on there which I means I could very well make the purchase.

My old local resort of Keystone, plus a few other resorts in Summit County Colorado got snow a few days ago.... A little earlier than usual...... Could this be Snowdude's ice age??....

My old local resort of Keystone, plus a few other resorts in Summit County Colorado got snow a few days ago.... A little earlier than usual...... Could this be Snowdude's ice age??....

Well a lot of places are getting snow or xold earlier than usual.

Well just cause I enjoy a healthy debate backed up with a bit of "Facts" , and without "Cherry Picking" data or hysteria either way - the Bureau Of Meteorology annual reports show 2013 as the hottest year on record for Australia, 2012 above average, 2011 was the only year in the previous decade where ...some..... parts of the country were below average....... so across Australia ( kind of a big place.. ) it hasn't really been that cold lately.......

Just sayin....

I would love it to be a bit colder, even if only a few degrees and only in the mountains for the benefit of fluffy white goodness, but I'm kind of hesitant to say the ice age cometh..... unless global warming leads to an influx of fresh water into the ocean and stops the north Atlantic conveyor which may mean Australia cooks while Europe shivers........

Maybe...

and so forth.......

Science ....

Rhetoric......

and stuff........

:confused:

Despite the sunshine we have had too much cloud to see Fuji since last weeks brief climpse, before it most probably got snow on it. Probably bloody melted by now too.

I wonder will we ever see Fuji again this year.....

Been able to see the top the last few days from the Shizuoka side. Nothing there today. Talked to a cable car operator at Jukkokutoge in the Izu area and he said he saw snow up on Fuji the other day... for whats it worth!

Still cant see from this side.

So first snow was most probably 11th Sep then.