First snow on the mountains snow watch autumn 2014

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiked Teine today and got incredible views all the way up to Asahidake and the rest of Daisetsuzan. Also could see the summit of Yotei.   Daisetsuzan range with the city in the foreground   Clos

This is Ashibetsu-dake, just to the south west of Furano. Taken this afternoon  

Beautiful day here today, so beautiful views of the mountains after the snowfall earlier in the week         Classic Japan, power lines in the way!

Go native may take the piss, but he will soon see that I was correct even to the year which if he looks back at my posts from a year or two will see I mentioned 2014/15 as the start of a new iceage.

Slowly slowly from now on expect more cooler wetter weather during summer, obviously not every year will like it, but they will increase in frequency.

This cool short summer and very rainy weather will be the norm from now onwards with more cooler wetter summers than hot and dry.

Summers will in general become shorter, winters longer and colder, but drier for some areas, more snowy for others.

Snowdude you really are dumber than a block of wood. Still not one month worldwide since Feb 1985 has had a negative anomaly for temperatures. Still not one year since 1976 have we seen below average temperatures. In terms of combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces so far in 2014 Jan was the 4th warmest ever recorded. Feb was the 21st warmest ever recorded. Mar was 5th warmest ever recorded. April was the warmest ever recorded. May was the warmest ever recorded. June was the warmest ever recorded. July was 4th warmest ever recorded. They've yet to release results for Aug.

So for the first 7 months of this year 6 of them were in the top 5 ever recorded for their respective month and of them 3 were the warmest ever recorded. Be sure to let me know when you have any evidence of cooling because you've got fvck all currently.

GN you really are f+#cking stupid.

Those figures you quoted are bullshit!

Even the IPCC and NOAA have stated that the world has not warmed at all in the past 15 years.

Many scientists have also now changed their statements and have said that global warming stopped about 15 years ago, although they also state they dont know why.

This year both the arctic and antartica have again surpassed last years ice cover by a large margin.

Some mointains that are usually ice free such as in Scotland for have had snow remain on them all year.

Minami alps here in Japan still has a little snow left from last winter.

Even if your house is buried under 10 metres of snow you will still say I am wrong and that the climate is still warming.

Just go away do your homework and come back when in a year or two, once you get frozen to the floor of your house, until then STFU and stop talking shit.

In your dreams snowdude. Those figures are completely and utterly accurate. Show me any figures that contradict what I've stated. Of course you can't. You have nothing but pseudo scientific nonsense from the blogs that you frequent. Remember I'm the one who actually majored in meteorology for my science degree. I bet you didn't even study science at university. So you STFU and stop talking shit you imbecile.

And it's NOAA not NOAH. Noah is a mythical man in the bible that idiots believe in. People who don't require any evidence to back up their beliefs. Like you.

I think you should smash his head in Go Native.

:party:

And perhaps snowdude, you could do the same!

That would jolly well sort this kerfuffle out.

Noah is a mythical man in the bible that idiots believe in. People who don't require any evidence to back up their beliefs. Like you.

Didn't he go on to be a Gladiator too?

Fvck off pie. This is something way above your limited intellect. Go post some photos on monkeys in buckets or you eating more pies and chips. That's all you're good for. I certainly don't think you've ever contributed anything to this site regarding snow sports. Do you even ever go to the snow?

Anyway snowdude your biggest problem is summed up by this

Escalator_2012_500.gif

Go post some photos on monkeys in buckets or you eating more pies and chips. That's all you're good for.

Good point Go Native.

I'll scour the online world for any new monkey pics and be sure to post any if I find.

Please do the same!

:thumbsup:

To be fair Snowdude, not that I doubt what you say, or back GN's view.....BUT in terms of Scotland, up until a few years ago, it was common for fairly large patches of the Cairngorms to remain snow capped throughout the year, I did mention on a thread here, a year or so ago that the preceding summer was the first that the Cairngorms snow had all melted.

GN I am still waiting for you to post a link to that bs data you posted ealier.

You like to run your mouth, but can never provide any details of were you get your info from, now why is that?

As I am new to the forum, I will stick to the topic. Always love waiting for the first snows of the season. Temperatures are definitely in the negative territory on Fuji and precipitation is falling this evening, so good chance of snow up there tomorrow a.m., if it can be seen. Think that would beat last year but be in line with a couple of years ago. Not that first snow on Fuji has anything to do with first snow on the slopes, but always good to see snow anywhere earlier rather than later!

Honestly? This is happening again?!

SJ chaps, a site suggestion, why not create a separate forum for Go Native and Snowdude to argue themselves round and round in circles to their hearts' content?

Honestly? This is happening again?!

SJ chaps, a site suggestion, why not create a separate forum for Go Native and Snowdude to argue themselves round and round in circles to their hearts' content?

C'mon Mag.....we can sell popcorn!! ;)