Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you wonderful people live in or own property within the Niseko area? If so I have a few question with regard to owning property and would be most grateful if I could run some questions by you :)

Many thanks :)

Oh! I've just been in Niseko for once and find the place stunning though. But I still don't have properties that has been bought, hopefully in the future. We have lots of friends here that could help you great anyway. ;)

Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering what the return on investment was like for properties that you rent out to holiday goers. Obviously being predominantly a ski town, it would only be possible to have the property vacated for large parts of the winter season and then not so much through the summer Months. I was interested to hear about how this worked out for investment properties.

The other question I had, was about having a company manage the property for me instead of doing that myself. For example, having someone like hokkaido tracks or snow Japan manage the property and how that affected the ROI.

I hope that makes sense... And if you dont feel comfortable sharing that information, thats no problem, I can email if that would be better?

:)

• SnowJapan Admin

The other question I had, was about having a company manage the property for me instead of doing that myself. For example, having someone like .... snow Japan.... manage the property and how that affected the ROI.

Just to be clear, we - we being 'SnowJapan' - don't own or manage any property. The idea is about as appealing as something that's not in the least bit appealing. :veryshocked:

Actually, less so.

No doubt a search will bring up names of companies that do that though.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering what the return on investment was like for properties that you rent out to holiday goers. Obviously being predominantly a ski town, it would only be possible to have the property vacated for large parts of the winter season and then not so much through the summer Months. I was interested to hear about how this worked out for investment properties.

The other question I had, was about having a company manage the property for me instead of doing that myself. For example, having someone like hokkaido tracks or snow Japan manage the property and how that affected the ROI.

I hope that makes sense... And if you dont feel comfortable sharing that information, thats no problem, I can email if that would be better?

send me a PM.

I can give you some info that might help. :)

Were they broken?

Actually after a look around I can't even find a PM button!

There ya go.

Nothing slow about you, hey!! I tried looking for them some time ago and got the following from trying to access the

Personal Messenger" - "[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system."

Be nice JA.

I've been AWOL for a bit (forgot my log on - no old lady/Alzheimer's joke - unless they are funny)

I WAS being nice! You should see me when I'm not ... or maybe not! :lol:

I've been AWOL for a bit (forgot my log on - no old lady/Alzheimer's joke - unless they are funny)

OK, try this for size ...

A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6.

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had avocados."

If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

Thanks for the replies.

send me a PM.

I can give you some info that might help. :)

Can I email you instead?

The other question I had, was about having a company manage the property for me instead of doing that myself. For example, having someone like .... snow Japan.... manage the property and how that affected the ROI.

Just to be clear, we - we being 'SnowJapan' - don't own or manage any property. The idea is about as appealing as something that's not in the least bit appealing. :veryshocked:

Actually, less so.

No doubt a search will bring up names of companies that do that though.

Good luck.

My apologies, I meant Ski Japan.... Late night

Briefly Wizard we have an apartment managed by HT.

They do a great job.

Renting it out for the entire first snow season we found the income covered the costs for the first 2 seasons (no mortgage).

The 2nd season we had it blocked as owner use only, this season again - but it'll cost us this year.

Next season I think we will block a few weeks for us and rent it out the rest.

Hope that helps.

Briefly Wizard we have an apartment managed by HT.

They do a great job.

Renting it out for the entire first snow season we found the income covered the costs for the first 2 seasons (no mortgage).

The 2nd season we had it blocked as owner use only, this season again - but it'll cost us this year.

Next season I think we will block a few weeks for us and rent it out the rest.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mamabear. Greatly appreciated!!

I hope you enjoy the upcoming season and get load of POW :)