need to lose a lot of weight...problem is...after the stress of work, i ALWAYS want that unwinding beer at night.

riding to and from work each day. gym 2 or 3 times a week. Beer is the enemy though.

5:2 diet sounds interesting.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

weigh day and another 1.3kgs off…….WEIGH-hey!!!!

At least it costs less to get drunk if you are on a diet!

My favourite excercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. It's called lunch.

need to lose a lot of weight...problem is...after the stress of work, i ALWAYS want that unwinding beer at night.

riding to and from work each day. gym 2 or 3 times a week. Beer is the enemy though.

5:2 diet sounds interesting.

Beer is my kryptonite as well ????

Im cheating my ass off. Doing gym stuff as ever. If i carry on as im doing (no real diet), then ill probably hit around 81kg by winter (from peak of 85 in March).

Instead, playing with supplements. Taking lipo6 black to speed things up a bit. Only been taking it since wednesday, and lost about three pounds of (i assume) water weight.

This is expected and anticipated, but a few years ago i crash dieted for a month (about 6-800 cal/day), assumed first few days was water weight. That was nice. But it kept going. Im hoping this does something similar.

A few things to note... on the bad:

1. Irritability and impatience are clear side effects. I feel kinda dickish. In addition, though it gives you the focus to do stuff, your heads a bit cloudier. I really cant use it when i work. I tried on Thursday after a decent trial run at home on the wednesday afternoon. But evidently it ****s your head a little bit.

2. I lift less (about 20% less - im not big, but bench (which was going up) on a proper set of 6-10 reps is now down from 140 to 120 at a push). I also run less (before touching it, i was running 5-7km every couple of days, now hitting 4 with effort). Finally, recovery is harder. Need more time between sets and get slight nausea.

On the good:

1. Weight loss is rapid: 82.5kg to just under 80.9 yesterday. I know its water weight, but there are other factors at play...

2. My diet is snack based. I dont eat clean at all. In fact, i have one of the worst diets youll ever see. All sugar. The gym for me keeps me in equilibrium at around 80kg. My first 6 months in China were gym free and saw me balloon to 85kg. In the last5 months its come down. So one of the HUGE things this does for someone like me is it curbs that sugar addiction i have. Not totally mind you, but you just dont feel like buying that sugary drink for a pick me up. If anything, this (rather than the pill itself) is going to yield the results.

3. The appetite suppressant effect sort of works. I just dont feel a burning need to eat late on in the evening. I mean i can and do, but id rather drink water. This is a big deal as well because it takes away the need for one of the most important things in a diet: willpower and self discipline (of which i have none). Another side effect is that i just dont feel a burning need to have a wee drinky at home just to wind the day down and get some sleep. No pre-bedtime swally is another sugar free bonus.

4. Im drinking a shit load more water now. The last time i successfully dieted i drank a LOT of water. It pulled me from 83 to 73 in the space of a month (full on crash diet).

5. Its supposed to be breaking down the fat on top of all this. And ill be honest, my poop has gone a whiter shade of pale. Dunno if its relevant, but its another change that makes me wonder.

6. No sleep problems. Im pretty sensitive to stimulants (ill spin out if i drink too much coffee for example), but no problems sleeping so long as its dropped 6 or so hours before. Also no laggy effects the next day. Feel absolutely fine getting up for work and heading in. Maybe even slightly more cheerful thanks to the lack of sugar spikes and alcohol from the night before.

So all in all, so long as i keep the routine (gym is locked in and core part of routine), the sort of bonus effects should probably see good results. The no sugar, more water, no alcohol thing alone would have seen me drop considerably. Throw in the fat burning and general appetite suppressant (and the workouts), and i reckon in a few weeks (even without conscious diet or food control) we'll see a few more KGs come off. The only problem is that i cant do the proper course (1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon), because i dont want to be that assholeish at work. Still, that really means i only need to have about 30% of the willpower to not eat like a pig given that i know that once classes are over, ill pop the pill and i'll just not need that extra kick.

Last thing then: Do i recommend doing it this way?

**** no. If you eat clean and exercise, youd be in great shape so no need at all for a diet? This way messes your head, and screws your body up for a month or so. It makes you moody, less playful, and more boring (see this post). That being said, so did crash dieting. :)

Just been for a cycle ride, felt great averaged 40+ klm/h for several ks. For once we got some bright weather and some patches of sun with a cool wind absolutely beautiful to be on the bike. Stopping for a break then maybe do a few more ks before more rain comes.

That was my assumption as well. Seems not. THAT BEING SAID though, ill definitely stop taking them a week or two before my contracts up. Dont want to accidentally trigger a piss test. There has been mention of synephrine (the main ingredient beside caffeine) triggering false positives. To wit:

Bitter orange has recently been substituted as an ingredient in many "ephedra-free" dietary supplements used for weight loss. The primary active ingredient in bitter orange is synephrine. Previous reports have documented false-positive results from ephedrine with urine amphetamine assays. Because of the similarity in chemical structure of ephedrine and synephrine, it is hypothesized that ingestion of a bitter orange supplement may have the potential to cause false-positive results with urine amphetamine assays

Many years ago when I did body buldingi a took a supplement which was supposed to be pure protein, I took it for a few months and along with heavy training gained a ton of muscle.

The next time I went to purchase it there was non in the shop so I asked the guy if he has anymore and he told me it has been removed from all shops as it was found to have steroids in.

Shit I thought, and realised by I gained so much strength and size in only a few months.

That was called vortex, NOT to confuse it with a bathroom cleaning product of the same name.

It kind of sucked knowing I had been usngi steroids without knowing so and with no intention to use them either.

I'm really doing quite well with my "consume less calories than you use in a day" radical experimental method.

If it keeps on working, I might jolly well tell other people about it. And write a book.

Ahhh gentlemen, I wish I had a blokes metabolism - it's shockingly hard work, especially post 40.

I've been hampered the past few months, got really sick with a flu, then a few months of crippling plantar fasciitis and now a broken arm have reduced my activity to negligible. Only real exercise I've had in the past few months is a few ski trips.

I've managed not to blow out too bad, but I wasn't in peak physical condition to start with.

5:2 starts today.

I'm also following the bulletproof diet (paleo oriented and low toxin - necessary so I don't flare the Lupus when losing weight...those fat cells hold all our toxins, so they flood the body and you need to be detoxing as you lose weight so it doesn't cause an issue, for me the issue threshold is pretty low).

Just under 4 months until Japan - let's get it happening!!

I was thinking of going for another shot at the All Japan Surf Kayak championships but alas I don't think I could ever hope to be in fighting shape by the end of October. The last time I competed was about 10 years ago and it just about killed me then..... now, I'd be throwing up after the first heat.

Up to my ears in work day and night....but another few weeks and I should be able to get back at some training.
tomorrow for me :)

Just got clearance this afternoon to get back to PT but go carefully with my left arm - still have to use the splint.