I know more than a few people on here are in the same boat as me... trying to shift a few (or more) kg after a summer of excess.

I'm doing all right actually, but trying to lose weight really sucks doesn't it.

May feel better and look better at the end of it maybe, and that will be great, but in the process....

:grandpa:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

weigh day and another 1.3kgs off…….WEIGH-hey!!!!

At least it costs less to get drunk if you are on a diet!

My favourite excercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. It's called lunch.

I've always been in good shape but ya..this summer I've become a wee bit frumpy. Once I get back in the kayak I firm back up pretty quick though and I just finished up giving it a racy paint job so I'm stoked to get back out paddling.

I am actually in real good shape but then working outside all the time tends to keep you in good shape.

Now I starting to get a little less busy it will be doing loads of cycling and lots of weight training and martial arts training in the build up to skiing.

I'm down 2.5 kgs in 5 days doing a low carb diet and my regular exercise routines. It's been easy actually. I've been eating eggs, bacon, hamburgs, salad, fresh veggies, etc all week. Really though, I'm just trying to get back to my normal weigh so just losing the extra I put on while in Canada.

I'm doing the 5:2 eating plan, I lost 14kgs on it last year but put 6 back on at home :doh:

Im already down a kilo and Im cycling every day and running 3 times a week. I need to start weight training again as well

Yeah. I was totally skeptical at first, I read an article about it in Mens Health and the editor did it for 6 weeks (maybe months?!) and he said that he went into it thinking it was bullshit but he lost loads of weight and all his blood numbers came down to healthy levels. I figured Id give it a go, if I couldn't cut back on 2 days then Id never be able to. After a month Id lost 5kgs. The weight loss does slow down a bit as your body adjusts. This time Im pairing it with exercise, last time I didnt do anything although through winter I was snowboarding a lot. Im looking to lose 10kgs

5 days normal eating 2 days "fasting".....its not really fasting tho bcos you can eat 600calories on those two days

Nagpants....... I think he said "Bacos".... he spelled it wrong though. I could eat Bacos all day long. :wave:

bacobits.jpg

What do you eat on the "2" days Tubby?

A couple of eggs, a bunch of vegetables and some lean protein. A usual day looks a bit like this...

2 fried eggs

Veg soup for lunch or a salad

100g of pork loin, onion, broccoli, bean sprouts, cabbage

As much water, unsweetened black tea and coffee as I like

The veg is by grams, I have an app that gives me the calories per 100g, so that changes depending on wot I want. Sometimes I have a banana smoothie for breakfast instead

Dunno....im not a fatty :p

According to the various forums I checked out before starting, no. Loads of guys who are weight lifting do it before comps to get their body fat right down

I just use the LIVEstrong to count calories

It'd dead easy to put on weight though!

Er :doh:

Never had that problem ... best way is to ensure you get the correct genetic material to begin with. I was able to choose the best parents available at the time, and have been blessed with a metabolism that refuses to convert food to fat!

:clap:

Well thats because you grew up eating nettles and grass by the side of the road and working down the pit from the age of 10! ;)

You got me confused with someone else? pit?? WTF?Never got into the cesspit, only one within a couple hundred miles of my childhood home.