It certainly does rain a fair bit.....but it also gets a decent amount of sunshine. I would still say that back home has more rainy days during summer. A lot of the days where the forecast said rain in the last few weeks were actually quite sunny with cloudy spells. Compared to last summer (my only prior experience) its been wetter this year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am waiting for the jellyfish, kamemushi, Mrs Hashimoto's bunions and of course snow dude's awesome winter weather predictions.   My predictions It will snow in Hokkaido this winter!!

I love the summers here! Usually sunny and warm, but not particularly humid.   Last summer actually seemed wetter to me, but thinking back, it was just really bad luck that it always rained at the

You're right there tubby. Last Jun-Aug rainfall in Sapporo was 300mm. This Jun to date you've had 393mm.

In Kutchan last Jun-Aug they had only 242mm and this year they've had 406mm.

It certainly does rain a fair bit.....but it also gets a decent amount of sunshine. I would still say that back home has more rainy days during summer.

That was my experience too.

Much warmer & drier than a South Walian summer.

I love the summers here! Usually sunny and warm, but not particularly humid.

Last summer actually seemed wetter to me, but thinking back, it was just really bad luck that it always rained at the weekends, and was sunny during the week for most of August!

There's a cooler feel at the moment, but it looks like it'll get back to normal temps later this week. Fine by me, still plenty of camping, hiking and outdoor beer drinking planned before the winter comes!

• Like 1

I like the outdoor drinking beer bit, not so much the camping!

Hoping to get up a few mountains as well during autumn. Maybe even Madarao. Apparently, you can see Hakuba from there! ;)

I like the outdoor drinking beer bit, not so much the camping!

Hoping to get up a few mountains as well during autumn. Maybe even Madarao. Apparently, you can see Hakuba from there! ;)

Yes you can and Nozawa and some Niigata resorts too, forget which ones though.

When I was up the this last winter at the top there was one of the ski patrol pointing out to people where Nozawa, Hakuba etc were, they were easily visible as it was sunny and clear, a real nice view from the top of Madarao.

RAIN. We've had some of that down on Shikoku this year too. The cool temps have been kind a nice though. I'm thinking rainy summer = crappy winter but I'm not really sciency or anything.

It was bloody hot in Sapporo today! Tough on the 16,000 or so people (including Mrs MagSeven) running the Hokkaido marathon around the city!

More fun for the people drinking beer by the river all afternoon eh Tubby!

Although we're getting some strong westerly winds it is starting to warm up here in Brissie - up to 29 during the day which ain't too bad for Winter/Spring.

As things get hotter and more humid towards Christmas I'll remember that wonderful contrast when we left 35 degree, high humidity Brissie in January this year to step off the bus at 02:30 in Happo in -10 or so.

Doing the same in January 2015 and counting the days !!!!!!

Fingers crossed for heaps of the cold white stuff !!

TB or MagSeven

I am getting my pass soon I think, do either of you want to refer me I think you may get a benefit I will need your membership number?

Cheers

I'll do it....when I get home I'll dig out my stuff and send u the details ????

Well Osaka/Kobe has seen a lot of rain this summer and its definitely been a lot cooler this summer than last summer. Last year it was still hitting 30 degrees until mid October. Then all of a sudden the temperature dropped.

I don't think that's going to happen this year, I think temperatures will be closer to historic average temperatures with winter hitting a little earlier this year. What that means for snow who knows, that's all luck really!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall last year in Niigata was very hot until late in October, and the praying mantis were laying their eggs high. All the rice growing types were predicting a very snowy winter but it was very off and on. I remember some days where it was sunny, well above zero and there was epic snow falling in the Kanto area.