• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a big, if wide-angle lens exaggerated, slate-lined wet room with a bath in the middle. Lovely big window. If the shower is the thing on the wall with the dials by the bath, maybe they didn't use it for very long because the glass would have steamed up. Showers are like humidity machines. The bath on its own shouldn't steam up the windows.

Looks a pain if you have to clean it, but its in a hotel so that doesn't matter. It'll take some heating too.

If you've got a lot of space and a big budget, having the shower semi-partitioned off with ventilation would be a better design. fwiw, square black slate tiles are a cheap material, so this look could be copied on a smaller scale for not very much money, even compared to typical unit baths which do not come cheap.

It looks like a big, if wide-angle lens exaggerated, slate-lined wet room with a bath in the middle. Lovely big window. If the shower is the thing on the wall with the dials by the bath, maybe they didn't use it for very long because the glass would have steamed up. Showers are like humidity machines. The bath on its own shouldn't steam up the windows.

So they got into the bath without getting clean first? Eww, if true. Actually, their hair looks dry, so probably is true.

But to be fair it's a publicity shot, so not necessarily representative of reality.

Looks a pain if you have to clean it, but its in a hotel so that doesn't matter. It'll take some heating too.

Yeah, I was wondering if there is a water reheater attached. Not clear from the picture.

If you've got a lot of space and a big budget, having the shower semi-partitioned off with ventilation would be a better design. fwiw, square black slate tiles are a cheap material, so this look could be copied on a smaller scale for not very much money, even compared to typical unit baths which do not come cheap.

The black slate tiles do look nice. Even better if they can be acquired cheaply. Idea for when it comes time for renovation, perhaps?

It is a promo shot guys!

It is a very nice bathroom and quite practical and there is an outside onsen bath as well on the balcony. Of course this is the penthouse in The Vale and probably one of themost expensive rooms to stay in at Niseko.

Quite sure but when you get comments like

If the shower is the thing on the wall with the dials by the bath, maybe they didn't use it for very long because the glass would have steamed up
and
So they got into the bath without getting clean first?

you wonder if others don't quite get it :sj-lol:

If only I had the chance. You're so tough behind the keyboard but you wouldn't have the guts to meet in person. Just fvck off. I don't spend my time on this site having a go at everything you post, please just give me the same courtesy. You're such a gutless little cvnt though you'll probably continue.

I'm also a fan of the Japanese bathroom.

My sister recently had her bathroom done back home.

She spent a fair bit on it and it certainly looks suitably...extravagant.

But why's that fancy looking huge shower head fixed? I need to wash me privates!

And why's the toilet next to the bath?

Can't splash around as much as I'd like as I have to be careful where the water goes.

And the water in the bath getting cold, that's not cool. ( Though actually, I suppose it is ;) ).

At least she didn't put a carpet in there.

She's very proud of it and everyone who sees it says how wonderful it is.

But I just think it's seriously lacking myself.

It looks very onsen-inspired to me. Shower outside a nice deep bath that gaijin sans may want to fill with bubbles, but Japanese people won't. Combinations of wood and black slate are pretty common at onsens and onsen-inspired home bathrooms.

I only mentioned the windows steaming up, like they do at most onsens in winter, because someone questioned the practicality of it.

My parents used to have a dribbly weedy shower where you could actually take the head off (hurray!), but half way down there was so e funky piece of plastic holding it all in place at around 1.2m height. Result, pretty goddam useless.

Combinations of wood and black slate are pretty common at onsens and onsen-inspired home bathrooms.

Idly pondering the idea of slapping some black slate on the plastic tub, and laying some wooden sunoko on the floor.

Could be a fun DIY project some day.

Or maybe save it for that cabin in the mountains with onsen water hook-up that I fantasize about building...