Are there any hotels near Oshamambe station?

Google says no.

I'm planning a transfer from Hakkoda to Niseko and the best way to do it might be to take an evening train to Oshamambe then an early morning service to Niseko.

There really isn't much of anything at Oshamambe and it's certainly not a station you want to spend much time at. Very exposed and very cold in winter. I don't know of any hotels there. Are you alone or in a group? If there's more than one of you you'd be better off probably just getting a taxi to Niseko from the station if you can't organise a better connecting train service.

I don't know how much. I've never done the trip in a taxi. Oshamambe is about an hour away, maybe a bit more depending on road conditions. It would be expensive but probably not more than two of you spending a night in a hotel.

You probably stop in Hakodate as well. I'd suggest staying there instead of Oshamambe. It's a nice city with many more hotels to choose from and plenty of restaurants for dinner.

I'd agree on staying in Hakodate. There is a downside, however, that the train connection via Oshamanbe doesn't get you to Niseko until 1:25 p.m. (with a 40-minute wait at Oshamanbe).

You can catch the ovenite Hokutosei express at 6:49 and get to Niseko about 10:36, but you have to pay an extra Y8,000 for that train.

All in all, I'd say Oshamanbe onsen hotel is your best bet if you want to ski the day of arrival; Hakodate if that's not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...