Hi all, will be in Niseko for Christmas this year woohoo :)

just wondering, does everything close up on Christmas Day?

and can anyone recommend a restaurant in niseko? something fancy..

found an awesome little place last time there that i'll be looking for again, i just have to find the red door...

Nothing closes on Christmas Day. You do realise that Japan is not a Christian country? For something really fancy you can't beat Kamimura's. He now has a Michelin Star.

The chef at The Barn is really good too but I believe that Brett is moving the restaurant to the Tancho centre next season (where the Indian restaurant was). Not sure what he'll be calling the new restaurant.

I do know that Native but it's always wise to check ;)

Kamimura looks awesome, thanks :)

but all the food i've had in Japan has been great...

Maccarina looks interesting too Mike, thanks :) but would involve cabs so not sure i'll make it out there

If you're ever down in Hakodate tubby head into Lucky Pierrot and get yourself one of the Hakodate yama burgers. :omg:

caption.jpg

Ive heard of that place before! That one looks a little out my league tho :)

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing closes on Christmas Day. You do realise that Japan is not a Christian country? For something really fancy you can't beat Kamimura's. He now has a Michelin Star.

^this.

But if you want Kamimura - try to book NOW.

I tried to book 6 weeks out for my Wedding Anniversary on the 30/12 last year and not a hope.... In fact no hope for the entire two weeks PB was there. I did manage to get in mid-Jan with the kids (adult kids) so experienced it, but would've loved to done that as a romantic dinner for two.

• 2 weeks later...