Yikes.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 has crashed in Ukraine, on the border with Russia, with 295 people onboard. Ukraine's interior ministry says the plane was shot down by a missile.

A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border a day after a Ukrainian military jet was downed, Fox News has confirmed.

The Boeing 777 enroute from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down at cruising altitude, according to Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister. He said it was carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew, all of whom were killed. A Reuters correspondent near the scene reported seeing burning wreckage and bodies strewn across a nine-mile debris field. A Ukrainian Emergency official told the news agency body parts and at least 100 bodies were seen in the area.

The incident touched off immediate finger-pointing between Russian separatists and the Ukrainian government. Eastern Ukraine separatist leader Alexander Borodai told Reuters that Ukrainian military forces shot the jet down, but Kiev denied involvement.

Victims

Netherlands: 189

Malaysia: 44

Australia: 27

Indonesia: 12

UK: 10

Germany: 4

Belgium: 4

Philippines: 3

Canada: 1

New Zealand: 1

Irish: 1

American Citizen: 1

Ya...I imagine there is but that's some callous $hit scrounging around a disaster site. But then again the people around there probably aren't exactly living the good life....tough times I'm sure. Still though...

Apparently two Newcastle fans were on the plane. The team are on tour in NZ and they were going there to see the games. Anyway, the fans of our big local rivals Sunderland have had an online whipround, and they've raised getting on for twenty thousand pounds. There's been a lot of bad blood between the clubs in recent years, so it's a fantastic gesture. It won't bring the lads and the other victims back, but it might bring back some faith in humanity. Something that well needed after incidents like this.

Nice one Sunderland fans :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

+1 Mr Wiggles.

What an excellent effort and display of decency.

Your post will remain with me whenever I watch a Sunderland game on TV.

Excellent ! Just excellent !!

I see in the news another plane has crashed an air algeria plane.

What is with all the plane crashes this year?

My wife is actually flying at this very moment.

The three of us will be flying next month.

Must be one of the worst years in a long time for plane crashes/dissaperance.

Oh go on Chriselle. Turn on the aircon and give it a go!

Nah...I might blow a head gasket. BUT.....haven't they done enough F'ing up of everybody's $hit over the past half century or so?? Knock it off you piece of crap lowlifes..!!

I don't know Tubby, maybe.

But damn, Lenin, Stalin, East Berlin, the cold war, Cuba, ....on and on and on... Just think of all the money afforded by the rest of the world just to keep the cold war "cold"... The actual numbers are unfathomable.. Even the mental toll. I grew up in the Soviet era and everything was about the Soviets.. music, movies..etc..

And the weird thing is they all kind of seem to get a free pass...like no accountability. I think there should be a LOT more judging. And now...Russia..is such an unregulated POS country yet again infecting the rest of us with their filth ...ala Putin.