SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
DumbStick

Weeds. Oh, and flowers

Actually, it was at a barbecue party. Some workers had caught a mamushi earlier, which they decided to toss on the grill. They killed and sliced it up quickly, and offered me the still-beating heart to eat, probably because I was standing nearby and looked gullible. Still, not one to pass up such an opportunity, I accepted. Could feel it still beating on my tongue and down my throat. The rest of the snake was grilled up and everyone got a few bites. Not bad, actually.

Did you chew it Metabo Oyaji?

I chewed the body meat. The heart was way too small to chew, being only about the size of one of those little Frisk breath mints. (Picture a throbbing, beating breath mint.)

And...... did it taste like chicken?

No, tasted like...snake.

Actually, not really much flavor. Though texture was maybe somewhere between chicken and shrimp.

Garden looking spectacular - All spring bulbs are up and a few exotics that I didn't think would flower have!! Just about to prepare the dahlia garden for all my dahlia's

Spring has definitely sprung in our garden with plenty of our native plants currently flowering.

15060110559_3e0762aa61_c.jpg

15060318667_f9a4a980b3_c.jpg

15060254907_8b8be6d31d_c.jpg

15060272547_e533006bf2_c.jpg

15246915255_050de21ef9_c.jpg

15243822471_e0d6a1277a_c.jpg

15222287962_1a76114faa_c.jpg

15222284432_347339babf_c.jpg

15222338192_cd8ddbe187_c.jpg

15222367182_94d17fa25a_c.jpg

15219614701_b4d39df439_c.jpg

It takes a bit of a green thumb actually. I grew up gardening though so it's all kind of second nature. I find the winter gardening much easier because things happen so slowly that I can neglect it a little more.

You can grow stuff in winter?

By the end of october here things are starting to get frozen, by end of November everything is frozen solid.

I sowed my last seeds back in mid - late August, things like brocolli, cauliflower, daikon, hakusai, etc to finish harvesting by around mid november.

Got to wonder if snowdude has his understanding of words tuned in correctly here with the word "freezing". What, with his ongoing confusion and misunderstanding of things like weather/climate and iphone/smartphones.

You sure you fully understand what "freezing" means? Might be a good idea to confirm, snowdude.

;)

Finishing up this coffee and then out for a day of weeding, taking up some wilting flowers and replacing/rearrangin with a few new ones I bought yesterday.

Gambarimasu!

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content