• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it was at a barbecue party. Some workers had caught a mamushi earlier, which they decided to toss on the grill. They killed and sliced it up quickly, and offered me the still-beating heart to eat, probably because I was standing nearby and looked gullible. Still, not one to pass up such an opportunity, I accepted. Could feel it still beating on my tongue and down my throat. The rest of the snake was grilled up and everyone got a few bites. Not bad, actually.

Did you chew it Metabo Oyaji?

I chewed the body meat. The heart was way too small to chew, being only about the size of one of those little Frisk breath mints. (Picture a throbbing, beating breath mint.)

And...... did it taste like chicken?

No, tasted like...snake.

Actually, not really much flavor. Though texture was maybe somewhere between chicken and shrimp.

You can grow stuff in winter?

By the end of october here things are starting to get frozen, by end of November everything is frozen solid.

I sowed my last seeds back in mid - late August, things like brocolli, cauliflower, daikon, hakusai, etc to finish harvesting by around mid november.

Got to wonder if snowdude has his understanding of words tuned in correctly here with the word "freezing". What, with his ongoing confusion and misunderstanding of things like weather/climate and iphone/smartphones.

You sure you fully understand what "freezing" means? Might be a good idea to confirm, snowdude.

;)