• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what is 脱法ハーブ?

Seems to be the boom news story right now doesn't it.

It's those legal highs......fake weed etc. there has been a spate of people buying it, getting off their face them mowing people down in the street. It's quite nasty actually, chemicals that are soaked onto inert plants, dried and then smoked like dope.....but it sends people loopy! Much better with the real thing....a mate of mines was right into it and he would do all sorts of weird stuff while on it

I got the impression it is fairly common weeds, that happen to be psychoactive, but were not (yet) illegal to ingest. Though will surely be soon.

Maybe mixed with some 漢方 herbs?

Also, some time in the past few days it seems to have started being called 脱法ドラッグ instead... Hard to keep up!

No they are usually inert plants that are infused or soaked with chemicals that are not banned but cause a psychoactive line high when ingested. AFAIK anyway

Just checked the stats on the JMA website. June had the 3rd lowest rainfall in 30 years and the lowest since I've lived here. It was less than half of the average rainfall for that month.

Depends on the area. We had a lot of rain in June and this month too.

Kofu has also been much wetter this year.

I would have to disagree with JMA.

It certainly has not been 2oC higher than average for June for Yamanashi as we have had many cloudy days keeping the temps below average.

With JMA temps are always above average even whrn they are not.

If the weather we have now continues for this month then yes July is likely to be above average.

A few days above average though is normal. Nowhere will have a summer where temps never go above average for at least a few days in each month.

Oh wait is that 0.2 you wrote there or 2?

Even if it is 0.2 I would still say that is not the case for Yamanashi.

I would have to disagree with JMA.

It certainly has not been 2oC higher than average for June for Yamanashi as we have had many cloudy days keeping the temps below average.

With JMA temps are always above average even whrn they are not.

If the weather we have now continues for this month then yes July is likely to be above average.

A few days above average though is normal. Nowhere will have a summer where temps never go above average for at least a few days in each month.

Oh wait is that 0.2 you wrote there or 2?

Even if it is 0.2 I would still say that is not the case for Yamanashi.

Snowdude, you obviously missed this post:

It's actually been dry here for a day or two so I got a few hours in with the weed whacker yesterday. The ol spinning blade of retribution. They were four feet high in places.

Rainy season has really lived up to its name round here this year. It makes me super grumpy.

It's amazing how different it can be from place to place and year to year. We've had almost no rainy season at all around here. Literally only a few days of rain. I don't envy you at all Wiggles. It's definitely my least favourite time of year.

I'm quite obviously talking about the weather in my area, which is Shizuoka, and more specifically the weather stats according to the Mishima weather station. Nothing to do with Yamanashi. It certainly has been way drier than usual and slightly warmer. And yes, that is 0.2C warmer than last year in June.

Well. Did some more weeding early this morning. Tons popped up again!

Last for maybe 3 weeks or so. Will be...er, fun, to find out what things look like when we get back.

I have bought a simple water sprinkling system that will give our trees and flower beds a dose of water every morning and evening which will hopefully keep them all genki.

Thinking 5 minutes at 6am and 5 minutes at 7pm.

Well after looking around for ages and not really finding bricks that I wanted to use to go down the sides of our property line we decided on trees.

I picked them up today and will plant them out tomorrow or at least make a start on them.

We went for emerald Conifers, I got 34 of them which actually works out exactly 17 each side.

They are ok for altitudes up to 1000m, we are below that, so they should do well once they get established.

They can grow up to 4 metres, but I will chop the tops off once they get to about 1.2-1.5 metres then they should bush out eventually.

Once that is sorted I will be make a new dog run and make a wood deck that will connect to our house!

its like my parents house, they have trees/hedges on 3 sides and they are a bloody pain to keep in check. My mum has already said I can help them tame the out of control hedges when I get back :(

The weed chopping never ends for me. About once a week I need to at least trim the weeds around my electric fences to stop them from being earthed out and every other week chop the weeds down around the edges of my fields.

I really do hate weeding even using my engine strimmer; the little buggers grow back so quickly it is never ending until about October!

At least they're bloody reliable, the ol' weed whacker. The blades with lots of teeth on them, 60 plus, can take out trees up to about 8-10cm depending on how dense the wood is.

They use a similar engine, but chain saws are well temperamental and you've got to keep sharpening and unclogging the buggers.