Yes but mamy many years ago.

My father has one of the new ones and apparently it can distinguish between all diferent metals and tell you how deep things are.

Every now and then there are reports in British papers of someone finding some ancient artifact in a farmers field. The interview with the guy (it is always a male) usually mentions how they have been detecting for X years (X always seems be be a very high number) and this is the first time they have found anything worth while.

Metal detectors for what purpose? Metal detectors I know were used in the big malls to detect if they're bringing guns or knifes, etc. but using metal detectors in the ski resorts? I am not sure....

I've got something that looks like that. Except its got a spinning blade on the end and I have to get up at 4:30am to use it at various communal gatherings.

I trust all your prudent types have made provisions in your retirement fund to cover a metal detector. A lightweight one as well, in case your joints are a bit iffy.

Yeah the one in the photo looks like a weed whacker. Round here, most folks get roped into doing communal weed whacking several times a year. I have to do it for both my neighbourhood and the school. There's actually another lot we have because we grow rice, but someone else on our team has been doing it this year. Most communal weed whacking has a 5am start.

Its the price of living in inaka.

My wife is my metal detector.

She is always able to find my keys and money without me even realising where I left them. Moreover, she can also find the empty beer cans I have been drinking from, no matter how much I hide them. :(

My wife's favorite metal is Fe....... her preferred source is hemoglobin....notably MINE...!! She sucks the life right out of me..!! :shifty:

JUST KIDDING dear.. :wave: