Pies & beer reports - summer 2014

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have probably had around 15 pies.

And I would guess an average of 2-3 pints a day, beer in pubs and restaurants and trying out different bottled ciders/beers at home.

Fantastic.

Getting on time to lose the added baggage now.

Though I'm kind of looking forward to it as I feel (and look) somewhat larger!

• 2 weeks later...

They've had that for a number of years, I buy stuff off of them all the time. The big problem is that you can't use a British (or overseas) credit card that's not assigned to your Japanese address....you have to use a Japanese one

Tubby, I got my first ever parcel from Next yesterday.

Thought I would try it out. Bought a number of things, came to just over 10,000 yen. Not bad I thought.

Came in 5 days.

Problem is, takyubin guy wanted the best part of 2000 yen demanded by customs. The cheeky git. But I couldn't have the package if I didn't pay.

It vexed me.

:grandpa:

Anyway, is that always the case with Next stuff coming over, or is it perhaps over a certain value.

It all seems so random and there's sod all you can do about it.

I much prefer the demand for money later on, at least you can ignore that one!

Ive never had that before with NEXT.....perhaps its a value thing, usually I only spend about 5k

Mind u even when Ive ordered snowboards etc it hasnt been the same each time.....ive been given a bill to pay later (suuuure I will!), had to pay 500¥ To the guy and often havent had to do anything

It's one of those things that really annoy, especially as there seems to be no logic attached to it at all.

Hmmm.

:grandpa:

Oh well, never mind. Can't do anything about it, so no point getting worked up over it I suppose.

It is brill. :thumbsup:

But, like I said I got stung for 2000 yen. :thumbsdown:

big-will's idea sounds good. :thumbsup:

The lady is well pleased. She likes some of the Next stuff, and a nice new unworn size 6 or 8 can be sent over! :thumbsup:

Don't know how the prices compare but....

One thing to factor in is the fact that they'll be able to take 20% VAT tax off what they send from the UK to Japan.

That probably makes up for the postage, sometimes more sometimes less.

OK in yen

Looked at a t-shirt

UK site - 16 quid

Japan site - 2084 yen

Actually that's a fair bit less than the exchange rate would suggest, so perhaps the 20% is taken off before they convert?

• 2 weeks later...

I can of course recommend places in Wigan but....

No, it's a legendary chippy 'restaurant' in Southport called The Swan. (They do take out too).

Almost everyone in the north west seems to know it.

And deservedly so, it is the without a doubt the best I have ever had.

Worth visiting Southport for! You can do a day trip from London!