Pies & beer reports - summer 2014

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only had the toffee apple one so far.

It was quite nice, a bit too sweet for me perhaps.

Yes, Bulmers is deffo my fave out of all the ones I have tried.

I take it you've never tried Addlestones cider before then? Their 'Cloudy' beer on the tap is good....bits of apple flouting around it your pint!! Might be tough to find up there in Wigan tho!

I think that Sapporo is brewed under licence in Europe. I first saw that can back in the late eighties. :grandpa:

I dunno if it still does, but the ring pull would pull off the entire top of the can, giving you effectively a pint glass.

You can get the Scandi flavoured ciders at Ikea in Japan, but they're a bit too alcopop for me.

On the can it seems to be saying brewed in Canada.

It doesn't look like the whole top comes off.

But not drunk it yet. (The beer, not the can).

Will of course report.

On the can it seems to be saying brewed in Canada.

I thought it looked really familiar. Those cans are sturdy enough to be used as hammers (or clubs for clubbing people!) I used to really dislike that style of Sapporo because it had a really strange aroma. Might have been my naive palate though.

Taste. They add cocoa beans to the brewing process. Tbh the one I tasted the other week from Rogue Brewers was much better but this wasnt bad.

I scored another off my list tonight.....just had a smoked sausage in batter from the chippy :yummy:

I bbq'd a Wagyu porterhouse steak on our Webber last night and now know the meaning of the word Wagyugasm !!

Washed down with 2 Hefs and a glass of Shiraz !!

Life is good !!!!!!!!!