The gnarliest (official) ski course in Japan is...

Interesting. I wonder why some resorts advertise 38 as the steepest in Japan.

46 though now that would be really gnarly for me maybe to gnarly I must tey it sometime and see if I have enougg gnarliness to handle it.

Myoko Suginohara on one of their English pages tjey claim they have both the longest and steepest course in Japan.

I will look latet to see if I can find the page/site. It is not on SJ.

Anywhere icy, narrow, mogully, too many people, half of them half hidden in the moguls. It doesn't have to be that steep, but that adds to it too.

Myoko Suginohara on one of their English pages tjey claim they have both the longest and steepest course in Japan.

I will look latet to see if I can find the page/site. It is not on SJ.

Myoko Suginohara do not say that on their website.

So it will probably be someone else selling it. And we know what they're sometimes like.

The top course at Kijimadaira is always worth a visit for a bit of gnarl.

Yeah, going with this over Ryuoo. That thing is not only steep as shit, its also windblasted. Its a 40+ degree ice skating rink with bobbles of frozen plants and rocks peeking through it. Its genuine Gnar.

Round the back though is awesome. :)

I like the sound of the steep bit. Not the ice rink, frozen plants and rocks though! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not too steep, but definitely gnarly if it's been moguled up, icy and with heaps of people is Giant at Shiga Kogen. I think I came close to doing an unintentional flip after I launched off a mogul when someone cut across my path.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know but any where that's iced up is a chore with my wider skis. Bloody well chatter my back teeth loose. Hell, even the last part of Hakuba 47 when it gets really icy in the shadows in the afternoon is a biatch.

Ooh, that does remind me. A gnarly as shit course is the straight whisky course on Goryu/iimori.

Im sure its fine and all that, but purely from its proximity to all the green runs in the general vicinity, and the fact it doesnt LOOK all that bad, it really ****s the beginners up.

I speak from the experience of one of the many thats come a cropper on it. Its those mountains lurking under the dust that get you. Its a rare day when you dont see someone cartwheeling on it.

Which also reminds me (because it almost broke my ankle), that champion course can be brutal. It tricked me into thinking that the moguls would be soft pack thanks to the steepness of it (and up top its kinda soft pack). Got about half way down and it was serious pinwheel trenching. And then came the ice walls... i plotted an escape route towards the stream (and the toomi quad), it started off well, but got caught and the force of the impact had me reeling. Again, its not so much the atual gnarliness of it (like kijimadaira for example), but because it LOOKS doable and fun.