Cutting window sun reflection

We need to cut the reflection of the sun from a window on our house, on the outside.

Trying to work out how to do that.

I know we could out some kind of outside screen on there, but I'd prefer something less visible.

Anyone know if such a thing exists as a film that you can put onto a window to cut reflection, preferable one that is close to not being visible at all?

Any help most appreciated!

It's to stop or reduce the sun reflecting off my windows and causing grief with something in the neighbours garden made of plastic!

(Thanks)

Okay, so by reflection you meant, err, reflection!

Since the sun moves in the sky, whatever the reflection is hitting can't be hitting it in the same spot for very long each day, and even then only for a month or two a year.

I recommend something as cheap as possible and temporary and only used at "neighbour is urusai" time of the year. Maybe a cheap planter hung below your window.

The sun is at its highest and sweeps from north east to north west in June, so the window must be considerably higher than the plastic thingy. Is that right?

How about a black film that they have for car windows.

When I bought my carI had black film put on the rear and side windows.

That is really black and cuts out a lot of light.

You stick it on from the inside.

Cant be seen at all but the window will look black from the outside.

This is interesting and one of those things I can never quite get.

If the sun is high, why does that mean the window need to be high?

Assuming the window is vertical, the sunlight will come off it with the same incident angle like a pool ball off a cushion. If the sun is high, the incident angle will be steep and so will the angle of the reflected light. Even if its the lower angle setting sun that is the problem, the angle of the setting sun changes much faster than midday sun, so the time reflected light hits something and causes a hassle your neighbour problem will be less. If this all sounds weird, watch a time lapse video, preferably from summer when the sun moves the most.

If the houses are on a hill and close together, a ground floor window of a higher house could reflect light onto a lower house. In that case, a ground floor window will still be "higher" than the neighbour.

I've heard of folks complaining about sun reflected off solar panels but never off a window before. I think we are into urusai territory here. Instead of complaining, the neighbour should just shade their plastic thing (dog kennel?) with a sudare.

One window in my place has an outside sliding screen thing. Canvas-y.

Looks quite good actually, and I guess making inside cooler in summer.

Something that was on when I came, I didn't add it.

That would do the job.

maybe try adding extra / taller plantation to the fence? Seriously, not your fault that the sun shines. Maybe get the neighbour to move the plastic thingy away.

Plastic thingy can't be moved.

Anyway found a solution that feels like it's benefitting us....an inexpensive but still looks rather nice shade thing on the window.

Should keep the temperature indoors under control.