Japanese female politician heckled by old sexist dudes* (* politicians)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's a cultural thing but yelling..."You should get married" is pretty goofy. If you're going to get yourself in hot water by yelling something offensive... at least yell something that makes sense.

Sexual Discrimination in Japan is common place and I have witness it quite often and dealt with it mediately. When I first started work here I witness a the Japanese chef balling out female supervisor. I try to question the chef about the problem but he could only speak his native tongue. I then ask the supervisor, who could speak english what the problem was about. She told me that the toilet was dirty and the chef was very up set about it and demand that she clean the toilet. I told her not to clean it and that I would get the cleaners in the morning to see that it cleaned daily. After question all the females that was working for us during the shift, I found out that only the all male kitchen staff used the toilet. At the end of the chef's shift I fronted him on this issue "sorry" subject with the supervision and told him via the Supervisor that that toilet had to be clean by him or by the kitchen staff before they finish their shift which really piss Chef off. No! there was No censing and no apologies issued.

there was No censing and no apologies issued.

Seems you missed a trick there Biggen, if ever there was a situation ripe for censing and apologising issue, it's surely this one

No your totally mistaken Pies. The toilet did not get clean so the company terminated his contact and replace him with a female head chef the following day. No censing nor apologies were required.

I think I need time to properly respond...been a long day.

So I can't answer it mediately.

I totally accept that I might need to be sensed as such.

BTW was the chef balling the female supervisor in public? They should get a room really...

Attractive lady for sure.

The old dude who apologized isn't really very smart.... He should have said to the media, NO no no... I said, "She should get married...TO ME!!" Didn't you hear the "to me" part??

Absolutely Tubby.... if you want to cry go sit in the toilet, out in your car or some other place no one will see you. Crying in a professional environment is the worst thing you can ever do if your goal is to be taken seriously.