The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blurry eyes early this morning from watching Western Sydney Wanderers beat Al Halal in Saudi Arabia to become Champions Of Asia

Must admit we had we had some dodgy decicions go our way (for a change) from the Japanese Ref.............god bless him.

Blurry eyes early this morning from watching Western Sydney Wanderers beat Al Halal in Saudi Arabia to become Champions Of Asia

Must admit we had we had some dodgy decicions go our way (for a change) from the Japanese Ref.............god bless him.

Amazing achievement !!

High Fives for Poppa and his troops :thumbsup: really well done.

On the other side of the coin though I can't remember seeing 3 more clear cut penalties not given. With a team from any other region of the world my football sympathy would be them as the decisions were so blatantly wrong as to be nigh-on impossible to make without the element of corruption.

But as Al Hilal are from that soooo tolerant, even-minded, altruistic neck of the woods, Stuff 'em I say :D

As the English Premier League marches on we keep coming across those little reminders that Christmas is just around the corner. The fact that both Christmas turkey and Man U look great in the middle of the table springs to mind!! :lol: :lol:

What a berk. Or is that burk.

We may not be in a particularly good position etc (!) but there are good signs of progress. I am confident we'll end up in a decent position. Especially if we can get a defence and stop having half our players injured.

Citeh lost against both W Ham and Newcastle last week, so they're definitely struggling. At 11 v 11 though, De Gea had much more to do than Hart.

Ten games in, its been a weird start to the season with Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Everton, and Citeh all failing to impress.

Everton got 72 points last season and only fifth, but it looks like that many will get you third this time.

Van Gaal is lucky the other teams aren't performing, otherwise he'd be getting the same treatment as Moyes. Moyes got 34 points in the first half of the season, but was already on sack watch. Van Gaal needs 21 points (seven wins) from the next nine games just to catch up.

Brendan Rodgers is about to field a second string side to run on against Real Madrid at the Bernabau :omg:

I can understand resting players but in addition to being a bit of a white flag job, I hope it doesn't go pear-shaped to the extent that some of the newbies get traumatised by a flogging !!

It's also a bit of a piss take of those Scousers who have spent their hard earned (or as it's Liverpool, their ill-begotten :D) on the trip over to Spain.

Against Newcastle, Liverpool had a lot of possession but a good chuck of it was just knocking it across their back four. That's great when you have a two-goal lead, but Liverpool were never ahead in the game. They only had two attempts in the Newcastle box, one of which was from a corner. Newcastle were poor too, and the game was so dire that the chance where Coutinho was ruled offside was shown as a highlight.

Chelsea might be the best team for Liverpool to play because they definitely need to wake up and raise their game.