The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems though that the Everton fans have been targeted and not instigated it…...

Everton fans attacked by up to ’100 hooded hooligans’ in France ahead of Europa League game against Lille

A group of Everton fans were attacked in a seemingly unprovoked attack in Lille city centre late on Wednesday night ahead of their Europa League game on Thursday.

Up to 100 hooded Lille supporters ambushed English fans drinking outside the city’s Australian bar close to 10pm local time after a peaceful day in the northern French city in which supporters of both clubs seemed to be getting along.

Police arrived on the scene within minutes to disperse the trouble with gas but eye-witnesses reported a number of injuries with some Everton fans suffering bloodied head wounds.

Early reports say the attack started when a group of visiting fans were smoking outside the bar and were attacked by an apparently-well organised group of French hooligans.

A doorman at the bar told the Liverpool Echo: ‘The atmosphere was nice all day. The Everton fans were singing, showing us their flags and having fun. All very respectful. In the evening they watched the Liverpool game and towards the end of that match it happened. It was bad.

‘The Lille hooligans just appeared from the Place Louise de Bettignies across the road, from a side street, and just ran at the pub. There were some Everton fans outside smoking and they got caught cold.

‘The hooligans picked up chairs we had stacked up outside and attacked them while others used them to smash windows and try to get inside.

‘We had to try and stop the Everton supporters inside from getting out to help because it would have got far worse. I went out to try and drag them in.

‘I saw one older English guy being punched by about three Lille hooligans. His face was bleeding badly. I am so sorry for what happened.’

Windows were smashed forcing the bar to be closed early as police waded in to quell the trouble, although some Everton fans complained of heavy-handed treatment.

TV commentator Sam Matterface, who will be covering the game for ITV4 on Thursday alongside pundit Clarke Carlisle, said: ‘Not a great night in the Australian Bar in Lille. EFC (Everton) fans claiming they were attacked . We walked into it late – blue lights, police, gas.’

Screen-Shot-2014-10-23-at-15.49.56.png?resize=625%2C383

the skinheads in the centre have batons…….looks like undercover cops

Rangers sadly are no more Big Al, maybe you missed it. But certainly their fans were animals

What you bin smokin' Tubbs. We're alive and kicking it in the Championship ("it" being opposition supporters' heads when social order so requires) and heading for a big return to the Accies-dominated Premier League next season.

BTW - all fans have an animal element - ours are just the best at it !! :lol:

No......there's a team called "The Rangers" in the championship, who started life about 3 years ago in what was then the Scottish 3rd Div. They took the league place of another Glasgow club thst is now no more, that had a similar but different name of Glasgow Rangers. :p

And FWIW Rangers were never one of the top firms, it was always Aberdeen and Hibs who were the hooligan mobs to watch out for. The zombie element of Ibrox were simply a rabid, unwashed mob :)

No......there's a team called "The Rangers" in the championship, who started life about 3 years ago in what was then the Scottish 3rd Div. They took the league place of another Glasgow club thst is now no more, that had a similar but different name of Glasgow Rangers. :p

And FWIW Rangers were never one of the top firms, it was always Aberdeen and Hibs who were the hooligan mobs to watch out for. The zombie element of Ibrox were simply a rabid, unwashed mob :)

Ha ha ha. By this same argument, the Scotland with it's own devolved powers is a new entity who's history goes back to the Blair era. This new entity took the place of a UK region called Scotland which was borne from the Union of the Parliaments in 1707, prior to which....blah, blah, blah.

All bullshit! Scotland is Scotland! Rangers are Rangers!

BTW I can assure you Aberdeen and the Hibees are cream puffs !!!

P.S. Back in my day the average United fan had a very neatly tied scarf and a Paul Weller haircut - used to be quite disconcerting waiting for them to break out a rendition of "This is a modern world"

Ha ha ha. By this same argument, the Scotland with it's own devolved powers is a new entity who's history goes back to the Blair era. This new entity took the place of a UK region called Scotland which was borne from the Union of the Parliaments in 1707, prior to which....blah, blah, blah.

All bullshit! Scotland is Scotland! Rangers are Rangers!

BTW I can assure you Aberdeen and the Hibees are cream puffs !!!

P.S. Back in my day the average United fan had a very neatly tied scarf and a Paul Weller haircut - used to be quite disconcerting waiting for them to break out a rendition of "This is a modern world"

No, your comparison is nonsense......the previous Scotland you talk about didn't go into administration, unable to pay its debts and ultimately go out of existence before reinventing itself as a devolved government.

Ooh.....United werent hard men....good! Another example of insecure smallcocks running around beating up kids and old men to make themselves feel important

No, your comparison is nonsense......the previous Scotland you talk about didn't go into administration, unable to pay its debts and ultimately go out of existence before reinventing itself as a devolved government.

Aha, check your history sonny - that's exactly what DID happen to Scotland prior to the 1707 Union of the Parliaments.

Ooh.....United werent hard men....good! Another example of insecure smallcocks running around beating up kids and old men to make themselves feel important

This comment is almost keyboard warrior status which speaks for itself!

Aha, check your history sonny- that's exactly what DID happen to Scotland prior to the 1707 Union of the Parliaments.

This comment is almost keyboard warrior status which speaks for itself!

I know my history dad.....thanks anyway. Sadly Blair and Brown weren't around in 1707 :p

Keyboard warrior :lol:

It's not me getting my wanger out and swinging it round n round about how hard my mob was.

Pitlochry being so near to Glasgow and all, I assume you're true blue through many generations ;)

Come on Mario, you can do something more controversial than just swapping shirts!

:grandpa:

From the way he's playing, instead of fireworks in his bathroom, he could do with a rocket up his arse!

I assume you're true blue through many generations ;)

Surname, family and bloodline is pretty well documented in Scottish military history. I'll leave the wang under my kilt and not start quoting details on a ski forum, but let's just say I got married in full Highland regalia in a quite dark tartan and the family's military service has been traced back to having served with William of Orange.

True blue enough for you??

:lol:

So VERY important to that side of the divide

That's the bloodline mate.

Every man must be true to his conscience though, so this current branch on the family tree is fully, FULLY on the Independence side!! :thumbsup:

Well,

Don't know about you Snowjunky but I have never seen the Roar play a worse game of poofterball than tonight's debacle in the 10 year history of the A League.

Words like "pathetic" and "useless" don't even come close to describing the range and magnitude of their shortcomings.

We'd need cloud storage to go into all the details so I won't.

Played 3, Lost 3 - your job should be on the line Mr. Mulvey !!! :veryangry:

Brisbane Roar had a big Hun connection for a few years, is it still the same?

Apart from a few transferred players (and many fans common to both teams) there is/was no connection between Rangers and the Roar.

You are probably thinking of the Sydney Team "Northern Spirit" which was around before the A League started up. They were a wholly owned subsidiary of Rangers.

Watching a team of pathetic poofters playing in orange/tangerine last night, one could perhaps imagine a connection to another Scottish club ?? ;)

:yawn:

Those true blue colours really shining through now, Big Al...eh?

No the big orange poofters, as you so eloquently put it, were in fact Ian Ferguson, Craig Moore, Charlie Miller and Bob Malcolm.....all ex-zombies......seems there was a connection after all, not that I meant ownership of the club

I can't say I'm completely up with events at Rangers or Newco or whoever they are now, but it sounds like the lovely Mike Ashley has got himself in there with not much money and a not very big loan and grabbed a good slice of their commercial revenue.

Hope he loses interest in Newcastle and goes with them instead!

If he wants to take control of NuHunz then he'll have to give up his stake in Newcastle.....SFA rules forbid controlling interests in more than 1 club. That said, when it comes to the Bigot sisters, the SFA aren't exactly rigid in enforcing their rules