The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

Also surprised that United sold Welbeck to Arsenal actually.

Though it does sound like he put in a transfer request and wanted out.

He wasn't going to get any time with who's coming in though was he.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Glazers spend loadsamoney and Man U go galactico! Should be fun to watch. If Falcao has buy clause like his agents say, their squad will be close to 500 million.

No more Kagawa, so maybe that means its back to Southampton every week for you Japanese Sky viewers. ;)

Time to see if Welbeck can step up like Sturridge when he left Chelsea. He's nowhere near as tricky, but is still pretty quick and good in the air. I think he's a good signing because without Feo, Arsenal are a bit slow and ponderous. I think it limits what Ozil can do.

Has anyone used this service?

Http://www.en.jsportslive.jp

Apparently you can watch every match on all devices for ¥17,280 for the season. I'm going to try the free trail to see how it goes. No more shitty streams!

I had a look and there is an ongoing free week if you sign up, but there is also a campaign where it looks like you get free month for filling in a questionnaire by Sep 15.

http://www.jsports.co.jp/football/premier/campaign/index.html

The Jsports site seems to be devoid of image quality info, and just says it will set the quality of the stream in keeping with your connection. The games are already on hikari TV, so there is no reason it shouldn't be good. If I could get games on demand off a site with no spoilers and play them back with a workable fast forward, that would be well tasty. It would get me to bed much earlier on footie nights. Staying up late is well worth it with mates, but it probably isn't on your own in the house. It just wrecks your routine.

Lack of tattoos gives it away.

You can just see Wayne bloating up like that in later life though can't you.

Actually the other day when I was watching I thought he seemed to have slimmed down slightly...

You're just not at all fitted out to be humorous are you, Go Native.

Never mind!

:console:

I'm sure there's a chance you might be good at some other things.

Other than being well 'ard of course, which in itself is fabulous of course.

Seems Everton made a low-ball bid for him... 5m!? What was Martinez thinking! We may have dodged a bullet there!

To be fair, Martinez had him on loan for a season at Wigan. I reckon he'll go to Everton on a Bosman next year. As a free transfer, his agent will get him a million or two for signing the deal. He's only a couple of injuries from starting at Man U, so he'd be silly to go somewhere now. Wait, get paid, maybe play a bit, and then get a nice fat envelope to sign for someone else.

I had a look at a Falcao at Monaco vid, but it seemed like half his goals were penalties.

To be fair, he'd probably be a decent fit at Eveton. If we aren't still in Europe next season (probably won't be) I don't think we'd need him... if by some miracle however we are still there...

Long-term replacement for Barry maybe? Fwiw Barry was lampooned on a similar level to Cleverly when Ozil pissed past him in 2010, but he's been a good signing for Everton.