The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank the lord for that (the very different manager bit).

Moyes had no obvious tactics.

Still, I don't grasp your point. Moyes probably 'wanted' (dreamed of, a bit like I do) any decent player. He (or let's say while he was in charge) hardly inspired great results in terms of incoming on that front did he. Even what looks like a quality player like Mata was reduced to looking a rubbish playing for Moyes. Let's see how Mata looks in a few months. Sheer panic buy mop head was just pathetic whichever way you look at it.

The new manager dude won't have OKd transfers on the basis that Mr Moyes was interested in them, a laughable thought. The things are as linked as two things that are completely not linked with each other in any way at all.

Arsenal being linked with three well needed players. Hopefully this will sort something out.

I was reading 442 on the train to work today and it said that "50% of injured players last season were injured during training sessions". Sums up Arsenal's fortunes really there. :(

(Agent) Moyes' tactics were to sabotage Man Utd and create as much damage as possible in as short a time as possible.

He was jolly successful!

Erikson is a good player but Soldado had a really bad year, missing sitters. Their record signing, Lamela, was nowhere to be seen. A real wtf situation. There were also noises about the players coming in not being who AVB wanted. I think Spurs use a DOF system.

Suarez himself was a poor finisher under Dalglish, so maybe the new Spurs players just need time.

Chelsea and Citeh have done loads of shopping in recent years, but not always to good effect. The England team on paper will be worth loads more than other teams that got more than one point at the WC. You have to play as a team.

After getting into the CL, Liverpool will be unlucky to lose Suarez. He's done the business, but they've done well by him. After the dodgy Neymar deal, Barcelona were supposed to have a transfer ban, but that seems to have lasted all of five minutes.

Welbeck got stuck on the left after they got RVP and the output of Nani, Valencia and Young fell away. He's had a lot of flak since. I don't think he's a world beater, but offers something else to RVP and Rooney. To develop more as a striker, he probably needs a move though.

Nani's two last seasons have been a disaster, like Earth Song and Heal the World. It was all Thriller before that. He needs to get back with Quincy and find his mojo. Shamone!