The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

Yes. Didn't they just sack Mancini? Seeing as though he was "so successful" in the Champions League, they should do well!!

I'm happy whatever he does, just as long as it's not United. Supposed to be a nice bloke!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think they did. And their fans are pretty vocal and kibishii by all accounts. He wouldn't be chickening out taking a simple option by going there.

Anyway, they say they would prefer a German manager and he approached them! :lol: :doh:

I don't think you can ignore the cash in football because there is next to no chance that a Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Aston Villa, Norwich (third when Fergie first won the Prem, with Villa second) will compete for the title any more. If you arrange the Premiership teams using their wage bill, you get very high correlation with the final table. The biggest exceptions are at the bottom where you can have a relatively big spender like QPR still eff up.

ManYoo were supposed to get Herrera for Moyes last summer, so it feels a bit weird them getting the same player now. It sounds like Moyes also did a lot of groundwork for a Shaw deal.

Oh yeah I totally understand the money thing... just saying that me personally, I try to ignore it.

As with many things in life, if you pay more money you generally expect to get better things. Ne.

All news seems to be that Suarez will be going to Barca for (insert huge number here).

Wonder how Liverpool will rebuild after that. I hope Sanchez doesn't do the swap, apparently he doesn't want to go.

Marouane Fellaini to be offloaded as Louis van Gaal says £27m dud 'is not a Manchester United player'

Where's Moyes when you want him. Someone give him a job so he can spend a vast forune on his mate!

Can't remember any massive deals where a quality player was swapped + cash.

I doubt players want to be involved in that kind of thing.

In English football, Ashley Cole for William Gallas is the one I remember. Maybe it's because of the the genius Arsenal fans' song, "I'd rather have a Willie than a C**t" :friend:

In world football, Barca did a big swap with Zlatan for Eto'o and some dosh. That was probably the biggest one in recent years.

But yeah, not many. I think you get them more in American sports.

I think Liverpool have played the situation very well. I would have got rid of him at racism time, but he's got a goal a game and an assist every other game since then, Liverpool nearly won the league and got the coveted CL place, and his valuation has gone up by about thirty million.

If you employ Rafanomics and calculate the beloved "net spend", the fifty million profit on Suarez might more than cover the losses on Carroll, Downing, Adam and the other ones King Kenny bought. Henderson doesn't look such a bad buy now either.

Fellaini on his United future: "Let's see after the World Cup. I don't have to prove anything. I've been a professional for 8 years." MUFC

Incorrect, mop head. You have EVERYTHING to prove after last season.

Terrible attitude. Moyes, get a job and buy him up please.

I don't think Shaw and Herrara (and hopfully a few more coming in) are going to be Spurs-like duffers.

We're not run by Moyes any more you know!

I'm wondering when we are going to get rid of some deadwood (the bloke with the hair, Young etc).

I don't think Shaw and Herrara (and hopfully a few more coming in) are going to be Spurs-like duffers.

They're both players Moyes wanted! ;)

One year on from Fergie and most of his team have gone. Unless Rooney plays, Citeh's starting team might have more medals between them.

They're both players Moyes wanted! ;)

That's cool.

Please remind me, did he get them?

Just checking.

It wasn't his job to get them.....that's the job of the sporting director or whatever u call them....Moyes told them who he wanted and they didn't get them. Not really fair to throw that at Moyes....the meh-ness on the park, sure that's the managers fault, but not getting transfer targets are the fault of the other guy

Absolutely.

No doubt though that if Moyes had been given longer, the "pull" and prospect of playing for such a fantasmastic manager would have had all the top playing talent drooling to play for United.

Players are often keen on who's managing them too. (Or not, of course).

If only....

:doh:

I don't know much about Van Gaal but he gets heralded for being his own man and being very tactically aware, in a much more attacking way than Moyes. I thought he would want different players.

fwiw, I am looking forward to what he's going to do. ManYoo have a very unbalanced squad and their team and formation certainly don't pick themselves. Just getting RVP, Rooney and Mata into something that puts their individual talents to good use will take some doing. Then there's Januzaj, Kagawa, the three wingers, Welbeck etc. etc.

That said, if Suarez is off and Yaya Toure is next, ManYoo could be back up there pretty quick.

I don't know much about Van Gaal but he gets heralded for being his own man and being very tactically aware, in a much more attacking way than Moyes. I thought he would want different players.

I'm confused - you thought he would want different players simply because Moyes was apparently 'interested in them'?